By Travelzoo Staff
With a picture-perfect location in the Kent Downs, The Marquis at Alkham scooped the gong for Restaurant of the Year
at the Taste of Kent Awards 2012, and was awarded a third AA Rosette
Why we love it
- 4-course Kentish tasting menu dinner for two for £35 at The Marquis at Alkham (worth £60)
- Named Restaurant of the Year at the Taste of Kent Awards 2012
This chic 5-star boutique hotel is in Alkham Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
A member of Britain's Finest Hotels collection and holds three AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
"Accomplished cooking" -- Michelin Guide 2013
Menu was created by acclaimed chef Charlie Lakin and features Kent's best seasonal ingredients
- "The food is the real star of the show at the Marquis" -- ElleUK.com
Aug. 29, 2013 - Oct. 30, 2013
The Marquis at Alkham
Alkham Valley Road
Dover, CT15 7DF
Tel: 01304 873 410
- Dine on a sumptuous 4-course tasting menu for two for £35 and sample cuisine described by Condé Nast Traveller as the property's "main draw". Usually £30 a head, the Kentish menu currently includes:
- - Poached-egg salad with pork hock, radish and chive flowers
- - Fillet of skate with garden peas, smoked-salmon beignet and sandwort
- - Braised heel of Dexter beef faggot with spring onion and champ potato
- - Cobnut parfait with strawberry-and-lemon curd
- The menu was created by head chef Charlie Lakin, who began his career at the Michelin-starred Star Inn in Harome and has won a Michelin Rising Star since being at The Marquis. The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 notes that the acclaimed cook has made a "well-deserved name for himself" here.
- The 200-year-old building and former village pub is perfectly positioned for exploring Dover Castle and the White Cliffs, both of which are a 15-minute drive away.
- This voucher is valid for dinner, Monday-Thursday and lunch, Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, until 30 October.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. It entitles each person to the 4-course Kentish tasting menu. There is no limit to the number of vouchers used per table. Advance booking is required. Can be used for dinner, Monday-Thursday and lunch, Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, until 30 October. Excludes bank holidays. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased, also as gifts. A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your final bill. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms