By Travelzoo Staff
Two people can tuck into a tasting-menu dinner and a glass of wine each at 3-AA-Rosette, Michelin-starred Thackeray's in Royal Tunbridge Wells for £89 instead of £147.90.
Why we love it
- This 7-course tasting-menu with dinner wine for two people at Thackeray's in Kent costs £89 instead of £147.90
- The restaurant hold a Michelin star and has been awarded three AA Rosettes for outstanding culinary excellence every year since 2002
- "An unquestionably high-achieving take on modern French cooking" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- Recommended by The Independent on Sunday and The Observer
June 20, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
85 London Rd
Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1EA
Tel: 01892 511 921
- The Michelin Guide 2013 notes the "clear, well-defined " flavours of Thackeray's "exacting, skilfull cooking". Dishes on the menu include:
- - Amuse-bouches
- - Wild garlic quail kiev with asparagus, sweetcorn and roasted morels
- - Pan-fried diver-caught scallops with roasted celeriac, poached pears, goats' curd, red chicory and celeriac velouté, or poached skate wing in butter with fennel purée, roasted lemons, nasturtiums, capers, anchovy jus and lemon crumble
- - Sorbet
- - Roast Romney Marsh lamb with wild garlic and black cabbage, artichoke and thyme gratin, caramelised tongue and wild garlic jus, or roast line-caught south coast turbot with Tenterden violet potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, smoked cod flakes and a fish cream velouté
- - Fried Monte Enebro goats' cheese with beetroot salad and a lavender honey
- - Raspberry and mascarpone trifle with mascarpone and tonka bean terrine, raspberry sorbet, almond tuille and chocolate soil, or apricot and tonka bean soufflé with an apricot sorbet and hazelnut soup
- - Coffee and petits fours
- This voucher is valid for lunch or dinner Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, until 30 September. This deal is also bookable on Saturday for a £10 per person supplement, payable on arrival.
- Owner Richard Phillips, a regular on TV shows such as "Saturday Kitchen", trained at London's Savoy Hotel as well as with the Roux brothers at Le Gavroche, and was previously head chef for Marco Pierre White.
- The Independent on Sunday has described Thackeray's as "one of the most charming and stimulating restaurants outside London", while The Observer praises its "culinary excellence".
- When we visited, we were impressed by the beautifully presented dishes, attentive service and the building's 18th-century character
The small print
The voucher can be used for lunch or dinner Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, until 30 September. This voucher is bookable on Saturday for a £10 per person supplement, payable on arrival. Excludes bank holiday weekends. Reservations are required. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that can be used per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change. Gratuity is not included. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms