By Travelzoo Staff
The Smarden Bell, a revamped 15th-century country pub near Ashford, retains plenty of its historic character and serves up traditional pub grub. For £14.50 a head, two Travelzoo subscribers are invited to sample its brand-new seasonal menu.
Why we love it
- A 2-course meal with coffees for two at the Smarden Bell in Kent, for £29
- This 15th-century Kent inn enjoys a relaxed setting and features much of its historic character
- Choose a starter and main or a main and dessert
- Located in the quiet village of Smarden, a 25-minute drive from Ashford and Maidstone
April 18, 2013 - Aug. 16, 2013
Kent, TN27 8PW
Tel: 01233 770 283
- Pick any two dishes each, such as pan-seared scallops with chorizo canapés and fennel purée, or ham hock terrine to start, followed by 150-day grain-fed Angus (flat iron) beef with French fries, or local-caught rainbow trout.
- Tempting desserts (should you wish to swap your starter for one), include sticky toffee pudding, or apple and peach crumble. The meal ends with coffee or tea.
- Located in the quant village of Smarden near Ashford, the pub recently restored its original features, including exposed beams, open fires and wooden latch doors.
- This voucher can be used Monday-Friday until 16 August. Lunch is served 12pm-3pm Monday-Friday, and dinner 6pm-9pm Monday-Thursday, then until 9:30pm on Friday.
The small print
Valid for lunch or dinner, Monday-Friday, subject to availability, until 16 August. Side dishes are not included. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person, or as gifts. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change. Gratuity is not included. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms