By Travelzoo Staff
With a picture-perfect location in the Kent Downs, the 5-star boutique Marquis at Alkham scooped the gong for Restaurant of the Year
at the Taste of Kent Awards 2012, and was last month awarded a rare third AA Rosette
Why we love it
- 4-course Kentish tasting menu dinner for two for £35 at The Marquis at Alkham (worth £60)
- Named Restaurant of the Year at the Taste of Kent Awards 2012
This chic 5-star boutique hotel is in Alkham Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
A member of Britain's Finest Hotels collection and holds three AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
"Accomplished cooking" -- Michelin Guide 2013
Menu has been created by acclaimed chef Charlie Lakin and features Kent's best seasonal ingredients
- "The food is the real star of the show at the Marquis... the restaurant is impressive" -- ElleUK.com
Feb. 25, 2013 - July 18, 2013
The Marquis at Alkham
Alkham Valley Road
Dover, CT15 7DF
Tel: 01304 873 410
- Dine exclusively on a sumptuous 4-course tasting menu for two for £35 and sample cuisine described by Condé Nast Traveller as the property's "main draw". Usually £30 a head, the Kentish menu currently includes:
- - Three point garlic panna cotta with oyster mushrooms, ribwort plantain and filo pastry
- - Fillet of mackerel served with beetroot, sea radish and cockles
- - Slow-roasted shoulder of venison, hunters pie, parsnip and savoy cabbage heart
- - Hopdameon ale cake with mature Ashmore ice cream and Brogdale apples
- The menu has been created by head chef Charlie Lakin, who began his career at the Michelin-starred Star Inn in Harome and has won a Michelin Rising Star since being at The Marquis. The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 believes that the acclaimed cook has made a "well-deserved name for himself" here.
- The 200-year-old building and former village pub is perfectly positioned for exploring Dover Castle and the White Cliffs, which are both a 15-minute drive away.
- This voucher is valid for lunch, Tuesday-Saturday and for dinner, Sunday and Monday, subject to availability, until 18 July.
- Want to give this experience as a gift for Mother's Day? Click on "Buy Now", then select 'Give this as a Gift' and fill in the recipient's name before completing your purchase. We will then create a personalised gift voucher which you can print out or email to your loved one.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. It entitles each person to the 4-course Kentish tasting menu. There is no limit to the number of vouchers used per table. Advance booking is required. Can be used for lunch, Tuesday-Saturday and for dinner, Sunday and Monday, subject to availability, until 18 July. Excludes 10-11 March; 16 June and bank holiday weekends. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased, also as gifts. A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your final bill. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms