By Travelzoo Staff
With this winter offer, two people can tuck into a tasting menu and glass of wine at 3-AA-Rosette-awarded Thackeray's in Royal Tunbridge Wells, run by Michelin-starred chef Richard Phillips, for £89 instead of £147.90.
Why we love it
- This 7-course tasting menu with wine for two people at Thackeray's in Kent now costs £89 instead of £147.90
- Recently awarded a Michelin star, as well as three AA Rosettes for outstanding culinary excellence every year since 2002
"An unquestionably high-achieving take on modern French cooking" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- Named Best Gourmet Restaurant in the Kent Restaurant Awards 2009
Recommended by The Independent on Sunday and The Observer
Nov. 30, 2012 - March 28, 2013
85 London Rd
Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1EA
Tel: 01892 511 921
- The Michelin Guide 2013 notes the "exacting, skilfull cooking", and "clear, well-defined " flavours, and recently awarded Thackeray's a Michelin Star. The tasting menu will be served with a glass of wine. Dishes include:
- - Amuse-bouches
- - Parma ham, chicken parfait and creamed porcini mushrooms with red wine reduction
- - Pan-fried diver-caught scallops with roast Kentish apple fondants, creamed chestnuts and marinated mushrooms, or roulade of organic sea trout rillette with new season beetroot and horseradish mousse
- - Sorbet
- - Roast fillet of 28-day hung Herefordshire beef with black truffle creamed potatoes, or baked wild seabass fillet with parsnip and vanilla purée
- - Cheese from the northern Provence
- - White chocolate, orange cannelloni and mandarin sorbet, or Sicilian lemon soufflé
- - Coffee and petits fours
- This voucher is valid for lunch Tuesday-Saturday and dinner Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, from 4 January-28 March, 2013.
- Richard Phillips, who trained at London's famous Savoy Hotel as well as the Roux brothers at Le Gavroche, before becoming a head chef for Marco Pierre White, has gained praise for growing Thackeray's into one of the best restaurants in Kent over the last decade.
- Thackeray's was crowned Kent's Best Gourmet Restaurant in 2009. The Independent on Sunday has described it as "one of the most charming and stimulating restaurants outside London", while The Observer praises its "culinary excellence".
- Richard is a familiar face on top foodie TV shows, such as "Ready, Steady, Cook" and "Saturday Kitchen", and is a regular on ITV's "Lorraine".
- When we visited, we were impressed by the beautifully presented dishes, attentive service and the building's 18th-century character.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
Can be used for lunch Tuesday-Saturday and dinner Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, from 4 January-28 March, 2013. Excludes bank holiday weekends and 14 February. Reservations are required. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that can be used per table. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change. Gratuity is not included. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms