By Travelzoo Staff
Escape the city with this offer from the 4-star Bull Hotel, in the village of Wrotham, Kent. At £99 per room, this overnight package cuts up to 40% off the regular rate and includes:
Why we love it
- £99 for an overnight stay at the 4-star Bull Hotel, Wrotham, for two in a Standard double room
- Full English breakfast
- Glass of sparkling wine on arrival (worth £7 per person)
- 3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant (worth up to £30.90 per person)
- Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay calls the inn's recent refurbishment "a labour of love" -- the 11 bedrooms are all individually designed
- Rural location within 30 miles of central London
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
Wrotham, TN15 7RF
Tel: 01732 789 800
What's included & when
- March 21, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- -An overnight stay in a Standard double room
- -Full English breakfast
- -3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant (supplement of £7.50 applies to the fillet steak and supplements may apply for select specials)
- -Glass of sparkling wine on arrival (worth £7)
- Refurbished earlier this year, the family-owned Bull Hotel first opened as an inn during the 14th century and many period features including oak floors, an inglenook fireplace and ancient ceiling timbers have been carefully restored. The bar was a haunt of Spitfire pilots during WWII and there are subtle nods to this heritage, such as RAF victory stamps on the restaurant ceiling.
- The AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant serves hearty home cooking, such as apple and parsnip soup and paprika-smoked pork belly with pearl barley and chorizo stew.
- For walkers, the Pilgrims' Way is on the inn's doorstep, making this a convenient base from which to explore Kent, the Garden of England. National Trust properties Knole and Chartwell (the family home of Winston Churchill) are in the vicinity.
- Trains to Borough Green & Wrotham station (about a mile from The Bull) take around 45 minutes from London Victoria.
- This offer is valid for Sunday-Friday stays until 30 June. Not available on Saturdays or on 1, 5, 19, 26 April; 5, 16-17 May. Standard rooms are on the first and second floors of the property. There is no lift, so this offer is not suitable for subscribers with limited mobility.
The small print
This voucher is valid for an overnight stay for two people, full English breakfast, a glass of sparkling wine on arrival and a 3-course à la carte dinner for two in the AA-Rosette Restaurant. Valid for Sunday-Friday stays until 30 June. Not available on Saturdays or on 1, 5, 19, 26 April; 5, 16-17 May. A limited number of rooms per night are available, so early booking is advised, especially for Friday-night stays. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms