By Laura Summers
Stays at a historic castle in southwest Ireland, named ''one of the country's grandest hotels'' by Fodor's, are now 44% less than usual.
Why we love it
- Spend the night in an upgraded Deluxe Room at a 5-Red Star castle near Limerick for £159 per room, per night
- Includes 60€ credit towards food at the Fig Tree Restaurant, or the Earl of Thomond -- a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant praised for its ''elegant fine dining'' by The AA Hotel Guide 2013
- The hotel is set on a 375-acre estate with an 18-hole golf course and horse-riding facilities, as well as a pool, sauna and a health spa
- ''This vision of turrets and towers makes for a fairy-tale night'' -- Frommer's
- ''Real old-fashioned luxury’’ -- Fodor's
Newmarket on Fergus
County Clare, .
Tel: 00353 61 368 144
What's included & when
- Valid Sunday-Thursday 1 December-28 February, 2014. It's an extra £20 per night to stay on Fridays and Saturdays (payable directly to the hotel)
- Overnight accommodation with breakfast
Complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Room subject to availability on booking (worth £55)
Glass of prosecco or a hot toddy on arrival (worth £10 per person)
60€ credit towards food at the Fig Tree Restaurant or the Earl of Thomond. A 100€ minimum spend on food applies at Fig Tree Restaurant.
- Guests also get 20% off 60-minute spa treatments
- A 2-night stay is £269 per room on a bed-and-breakfast basis with credit towards food on the first night
Search for cheap flights to Ireland
. The hotel is about a 20-minute drive from Shannon Airport and less than an hour from Galway Airport.
The small print
Not available on 14, 24-31 December; 1, 3-4, 6, 23-25 January; 1, 7-8, 14-22, 28 February. The voucher can only be used once. A minimum spend of 100€ on food applies at the Fig Tree Restaurant. Vouchers for this offer are limited and may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. Update (9:29am, 2 December): Due to the hotel releasing more availability, this offer has been extended.
See all terms