By Travelzoo Staff
San Sebastián is "the jewel of northern Spain's Basque country", says The Independent, and it's the pintxos (the local version of tapas) that "put it on the map". So this deal from San Sebastián Food is a real find for food lovers -- a 2-night stay in a 4-star hotel, with a special pass that gets you 75€-worth of pintxos & wine, is now 32% cheaper than usual. At £239 for two, the offer includes:
Why we love it
- A 2-night stay in San Sebastián for £239 instead of £350
- Includes 75€ of pintxos and drinks per person
- Accommodation is at the 4-star, cinema-themed Astoria 7 hotel
- You'll receive daily breakfast & a welcome glass of wine
- Valid for Monday-Saturday arrivals from 20 October-1 March, 2014
- "Tailormade tours of the finest pintxos bars" -- Condé Nast Traveller
San Sebastián Food
Calle Aldamar, 30
San Sebastian, 20003
What's included & when
- Aug. 26, 2013 - March 1, 2014
- -Accommodation in a Standard Room with breakfast at the 4-star Astoria 7 Hotel
- -Pintxos and drinks (worth 75€) in six different bars
- -A welcome glass of wine at San Sebastián Food studio
- While you sip your welcome drink, you'll be provided with a map and pass -- valid at six hand-picked bars in San Sebastián -- which will entitle you to the house specialities and a drink at each.
- Condé Nast Traveller says that San Sebastián Food's "tailormade tours of the finest pintxos bars cut to the chase with the little-known, atmospheric places and the speciality pintxos that only locals know about." The delicacies at each of the bars range from the "extremely moreish and tender" prawn brocheta to salt-dried sirloin beef.
- Valid for Monday-Saturday arrivals from 20 October-1 March, 2014. Most pintxos bars are closed on Mondays.
- Astoria 7 hotel is a cinema-themed, 4-star hotel near the centre of town. Standard rooms have DVD players and free Wi-Fi.
- How to book: Click "Buy Now" to purchase your voucher(s). Then contact San Sebastian Food directly on 0034 943 421 143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation. We recommend booking early to secure your preferred travel date. International call charges apply.
- Getting there: The hotel is about a half-hour drive from Biarritz, France and around an hour's drive from Bilbao. Click here to search for flights to Biarritz, or here to search for flights to Bilbao with Fly.com. We've found return flights from London to Bilbao for £57 in October.
The small print
Includes a 2-night stay for two people at Astoria 7 on a bed-and-breakfast basis, a welcome glass of wine at San Sebastián Food Studio, a pintxos pass valid at six different bars, including 1-2 speciality pintxos and matching wine in each bar. Valid for Monday-Saturday arrivals from 20 October-1 March. Not available for Sunday arrivals, because most pintxos bars are closed on Mondays. See below for full terms and conditions. Now not available: 24-27 October.
See all terms