By Travelzoo Staff
The accolades pile up for this luxurious Swiss property on the shores of Lake Geneva -- so this steep discount made us do a double take. For £249 per room, per night, stay at the award-winning Fairmont Le Montreux Palace and save 50% on the usual price.
Why we love it
- Overnight stays for two people at the 5-star Fairmont Le Montreux Palace are now 50% off the regular price
- Includes accommodation, breakfast, a guaranteed room upgrade, a bottle of champagne, free access to the Willow Stream Spa, a 10% discount on all spa treatments and a Montreux Riviera card
- Award-winning hotel, lauded by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor
- Valid from 1 October-30 December
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Grand Rue 100
What's included & when
- Aug. 19, 2013 - Dec. 30, 2013
- Packed with goodies, this package includes:
- - Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Lake View Room (a guaranteed upgrade)
- - Breakfast
- - Bottle of Veuve Clicquot, or champagne of similar value, in the room upon arrival (value £103)
- - Free access to the pool and gym at the Willow Stream Spa
- - 10% discount on all spa treatments
- - Montreux Riviera card (free local transport and discount for local tourist attractions)
- This offer is valid every day of the week from 1 October-30 December. It's £222 to add an extra night with breakfast.
- Not available on 31 August; 1-2, 9-11, 26-27 September; 3-14 October 13-14 October; 4-8, 20-21 November; 5-6, 13-14 December.
- From now until 30 September, rooms are £275 per night with this deal. Each additional night is £249 per room, with breakfast.
- Spa treatments available at Willlow Stream Spa include mineral scrubs, facials, body massages and waxing, plus manicures and pedicures.
- Along with being included in Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List over the past few years, the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace's most recent awards include a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor in 2012 and 2013 and being named the Best Leading Hotel of Switzerland by the World Travel Awards in 2010.
- Built in 1906, this 5-star Belle Époque hotel was used as a hospital to shelter Allied soldiers during the First and Second World Wars. At the foot of the Alps and near Chillon Castle, the hotel is one of the largest in the Swiss Riviera region, with its 236 rooms.
- "Arriving for the first time on the shores of Lake Geneva, the first thing that hits you is the view," says The Guardian. You're in even more luck with your Deluxe Lake View Room as each one has a balcony.
- Facilities at the hotel include three restaurants and two bars, plus a spa that has an indoor and outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
- Getting There: We found return flights from London Gatwick to Geneva International Airport for £60. Click here to search on Fly.com.
The small print
This deal is based on two sharing and includes overnight accommodation in an upgraded room, breakfast, a bottle of champagne, free access to the pool and gym at the Willow Stream Spa, a 10% discount on all spa treatments and a Montreux Riviera card. Valid every day of the week from 1 October to 30 December. Not available on
See all terms
31 August; 1-2, 9-11, 26-27 September; 13-14 October; 4-8, 20-21 November; 5-6, 13-14 December. Prices, dates and savings were correct at the time of publish.