By Travelzoo Staff
Embark on an extraordinary experience, on a luxury train that travels through the scenic Swiss Alps, for £858 instead of up to £1384. Unwind in first-class comfort on the Glacier Express, which will take you to St Moritz and Zermatt.
Why we love it
- £858 for two people to enjoy a magical 4-day experience through the glacier in the Swiss Alps
- Take in mountainous scenery, which is classified as a World Heritage Site
- Stay overnight in a 3-star hotel in St Moritz and spend two nights in a 3-star hotel in Zermatt
- Travel first class, except on the Gornergrat train -- which is standard travel
- Includes transfers from Zurich Airport, or any train station in Switzerland
- Alternatively, two people can enjoy this journey and stay in 4-star accommodation for £1038 -- saving up to £560 off the usual price
- Solo travellers can go alone and stay in 3-star accommodation for £518, or in 4-star accommodation for £605
What's included & when
- Aug. 6, 2013 - Oct. 28, 2013
- With this offer from railtour suisse, here's what you get:
- -Transfer by train, in first class, from Zurich Airport, or from any train station in Switzerland, to St Moritz
- -One-day trip on the Glacier Express, first class, from St Moritz to Zermatt (includes a 3-course lunch, served at your seat)
- -3 nights' accommodation, including breakfast, in 3-star hotels in St Moritz and Zermatt
- -Train journey up to the Gornergrat ridge, which reaches 3089m above sea level
- -Return transfers
- Alternatively, two people can enjoy this journey and stay in 4-star accommodation for £1038 -- saving up to £560 off the usual price.
- Solo travellers can also book this offer and stay in a single room. It is £518 to stay in 3-star hotels and £605 to stay in 4-star accommodation.
- Here are the full trip details:
- Day 1: Transfer by train, first class, and arrive in St Moritz, where you'll stay overnight in a hotel
- Day 2: Following breakfast in the hotel, take a scenic 7-hour trip on the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt, across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and over mountainous terrain -- the area is classified as a World Heritage Site. During this trip you will be served a 3-course lunch at your seat (drinks excluded). You will check in for two nights in Zermatt, at the end of the Mattertal.
- Day 3: Breakfast will be followed by a train ride up the Gornergrat. This ridge is 3089 metres above sea level and during this trip you will take in amazing mountain views. Upon your return, you will then have some time to explore the city of Zermatt.
- Day 4: After breakfast, you will travel first class to either Zurich Airport, or the station at which you arrived
- Getting There: We found return flights from London Luton to Zurich for £65. Click here to search on Fly.com.
- Click on "Buy Now" to purchase your voucher. Then email email@example.com to confirm your desired dates.
The small print
The offer is valid for two people. Valid from 10 September-
See all terms
28 October. Subject to availability. Accommodation will be in double rooms. Subject to demand, the trip can be taken in reverse. Book at least five days before the desired date of departure. Your travel documents will be sent out by mail. This deal is not valid for people that are residents of Switzerland. See below for full terms and conditions.