By Travelzoo Staff
"Of all the images associated with Japan, none is more famous than the pristine cone of Mount Fujiyama, the world's most beautiful mountain", says The Independent. Gaze at this newly designated World Cultural Heritage Site from your traditional room at the Yumura Tokiwa Hotel in suburban Tokyo with this deal. Regularly £180 per night, stays at this hotel are now £119 (JPY18,000) per room, per night.
Why we love it
- Overnight stays for two people at the Yumura Tokiwa Hotel have been reduced by 34% to £119 per room
- Includes accommodation, breakfast, early check-in, late checkout and free casual summer kimono rental for women
- Rooms have views of Mount Fuji
- The hotel has hosted the Imperial Family of Japan as well as the King of Belgium.
- Valid Sunday-Friday until 31 October
Yumura Tokiwa Hotel
Yamanashi Prefecture, 400-0073
Tel: +81 55-254-3111
What's included & when
- Aug. 2, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
- The deal includes:
- - Overnight accommodation in a Japanese-style room with guaranteed Mount Fuji views at the Yumura Tokiwa Hotel
- - Japanese or Western-style buffet breakfast
- - Early check-in at 2pm (instead of 3pm)
- - Late checkout at 11am (instead of 10am)
- - Free casual summer kimono for women to use
- This offer is valid for Sunday-Friday stays until 31 October. There is a maximum 5-night stay.
- There is a surcharge of £33 (JPY5,000) for Saturday-night stays, as well as the day before a Japanese holiday (this includes 8-17 August; 15, 22 September; 13 October). This is to be paid upon check-in.
- An additional bathing tax of £0.99 (JPY150) applies per person at the front desk.
- Not available on 16, 23, 31 August; 7, 14 September; 5, 12, 19, 24, 26 October.
- A Japanese-style room means that guests sleep on a futon, a Japanese-style mattress that is spread out over the tatami flooring and raised slightly off the ground. Tatami is a type of mat traditionally made of rice straw. Western-style beds are not available with this offer.
- The Yumura Tokiwa Hotel is a traditional Japanese ryokan (inn) in the Tokyo suburb of Yamanashi, known for having the best views of Mount Fuji as well as being the best fruit-growing region of Japan. The hotel has hosted the Imperial Family of Japan and the King of Belgium. On-site facilities include large hot-spring baths for men and women, a lounge, a bar and a restaurant.
- For £146 (JPY22,000) per room, you'll receive all items listed in the offer details above, plus traditional Japanese dinner for two with a free glass of wine per person.
- This offer is not valid for guests under the age of 12.
- Book by 30 September.
- How to book: Click here to book the £119 option and here for the £146 option. Please note the deal is only valid with the voucher number you are given after purchase. When booking, write down your voucher number in the box labeled "other requests". The bathing tax is shown as being part of the online price, but it is not included in this voucher. No email or phone booking is available.
- Getting There: We found return flights from London Gatwick to Narita International Airport for £565 per person. Click here to search on Fly.com. JR Kofu Station is about a 10-minute taxi ride from the hotel and costs approximately £10 (JPY1,500) each way.
The small print
This offer is based on two sharing, and includes overnight accommodation in a Japanese-style room, breakfast, early check-in, late checkout and a free casual summer kimono for women to use. Valid on Sundays-Fridays until 31 October. Not available on 16, 23, 31 August; 7, 14 September; 5, 12, 19, 24, 26 October. There is a maximum 5-night stay with this offer. Prices, dates and savings were correct at the time of publish.
See all terms