By Travelzoo Staff
"The Himalayan nation of Nepal... is astonishingly beautiful", says Condé Nast Traveller. A 10-day guided tour of this "nirvana for mountain lovers" is now £445 per person, saving 30% on the regular price and including:
Why we love it
- Explore what Lonely Planet calls a "nirvana for mountain lovers" with this Nepal tour -- now £445 per person
- Save 30% on a 10-day adventure, with accommodation and daily breakfast
- 3-day Chitwan National Park safari
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour
- English-speaking guides and private bus transport throughout
- Return airport transfers
- Valid for couples or solo travellers (if happy to share) -- it's an extra £183/AU$280 for single occupancy
- Click here to request more information about the trip
SNJ Travel Point
Arrivals Terminal, Tribhuvan International Airport Airport Road
Kathmandu Nepal, 44600
Tel: 0061 1300 984 098
What's included & when
- Jan. 15, 2013 - April 9, 2013
- -Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, including the Mahendra limestone caves and a boat ride on Phewa Lake
- -3-day safari in Chitwan National Park
- -Nine nights' accommodation in hotels, basic lodges and tea houses
- -Airport transfers to and from the hotel and private bus transport within Nepal
- -English-speaking tour guides
- -Daily breakfast and two dinners
- While the package is based on two sharing, solo travellers can also book without paying a supplement if they are happy to share (it's an extra £183/AU$280 for single occupancy, payable direct to SNJ). Departures are available until 9 April, 2013 on most days. There is a maximum of 15 people on the trek.
- Your tour will begin in Kathmandu with a sightseeing day tour to visit the main sites and temples of this capital city. Then travel to Pokhara to see some of Nepal's most beautiful natural attractions, including the Mahendra limestone caves, the Seti River gorge and Phewa Lake.
- Early one morning, you will be treated to a magnificent view of the sunrise from the World Peace Pagoda perched high on a ridge overlooking the city. Experience a 3-day safari in Chitwan National Park by 4-wheel-drive, canoe and on foot. From there, you will visit the spiritual village of Lumbini, birthplace of Buddha and home to the Maya Devi Temple, the Lumbini Sacred Garden and an Ashoka Pillar. Before heading back to Kathmandu, you will also stop at the archaeological site of Tilaurkot, where the ancient palace of King Suddodha lies.
- Getting there: This deal does not include airfares to Kathmandu. We found indirect flights with Etihad Airways for £560 return from London Heathrow over this travel window. Click here to search for flights with Fly.com.
The small print
Valid for departures until 9 April, 2013. Book by 31 March. All taxes are included. A credit card will need to be provided at the time of booking to confirm your reservation. Based on two sharing but solo travellers happy to share will avoid a £183 (AU$280) single supplement, payable direct to SNJ. Present your voucher when travelling. Once you book your tour, any changes must be made within 14 days of booking or a AU$50 (£33) charge will apply. Not valid on existing reservations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 00 61 1300 984 098 (from 8pm UK time) to check availability.
See all terms