By Travelzoo Staff
Take an epic adventure through the Swiss Alps, travelling along the Rhaetian Railway of Albula and Bernina, an experience described by Sir David Attenborough as one of "the world's most stunning rail journeys". Save £470 on a 4-day getaway for two with this offer -- now £629 (that's £314.50 per person).
Why we love it
- A 4-day rail-and-road journey through the Swiss Alps for the equivalent of £314.50 per person
- Includes a full day on the Glacier Express in a first-class glass carriage, and a day aboard the Bernina Express
- An experience described by Sir David Attenborough as one of “the world’s most stunning rail journeys”
- Includes overnight stays in 3-star hotels in Zermatt, St Moritz and Lugano with daily breakfast
- Return transfers from any Swiss airport or Swiss/German border station to Zermatt and from Lugano
- Upgrade to 4-star hotels for an extra £160 per couple
- Departs every day from until 17 October.
- Fly to Zurich or Geneva from London from £90 return
What's included & when
- Sept. 26, 2012 - Oct. 21, 2012
- Valid for travel until 17 October, the price includes:
- -Return transfers from any Swiss airport or Swiss-German border station (such as Constance or Basel) to Zermatt and back from Lugano
- -Full day aboard the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz in a first-glass glass carriage
- -Full day aboard the Bernina Express train in a second-class carriage from St Moritz to Tirano and on to Lugano by bus
- -Overnight stays in 3-star hotels in Zermatt, St Moritz and Lugano with daily breakfast
- Upgrades to 4-star hotels are available for an extra £160 per couple.
- The Glacier Express is believed to be the slowest express train in the world and your journey will take you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and past the 2033-metre-high Oberalp Pass. On the Bernina Express, you will travel along the Bernina Pass, a 100-year-old railway line and UNESCO World Heritage Site, before reaching Tirano in Italy and continuing to Lugano.
- Getting there: Transfers are included from any Swiss airport but flights are not covered. Fly with easyJet to Zurich (from £112 return) and Geneva (from £90 return) from London, Edinburgh and Bristol and others. Click here to find cheap flights with Fly.com.
The small print
Valid for departures every day until 17 October. Call Railtour Suisse on 00 41 31 378 00 08 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your dates. English-speaking reservations staff are available. Bookings must be made at least five days before departure and your travel documents will then be sent by post. International call charges apply.
See all terms