By Travelzoo Staff
Australia's second-oldest city, Hobart has a "rich colonial heritage and natural charms, accented by a spirited atmosphere: festivals, top-notch restaurants and hip urban bars abound," says Lonely Planet. Get away from the well-trodden streets of Sydney and Melbourne on your next trip downunder with this stay in Hobart's laid-back city centre for £79 per night.
Why we love it
- Experience the famous fresh seafood, natural parks and heritage sites of Hobart, Australia's second oldest city, for £79 per night
- Includes an overnight stay for two in a deluxe Studio self-catering apartment at the Quest Savoy
- Bottle of wine on arrival
- Located in the heart of Hobart's city centre, walking distance to the popular wharf and Salamanca Market
- Free Wi-Fi and discounted entry to the nearby Savoy Day Spa
38 Elizabeth Street
Tel: 00 61 362 202 300
What's included & when
- Sept. 11, 2012 - Dec. 17, 2012
- Available until 17 December, the deal includes accommodation in a deluxe Studio at the Quest Savoy with a fully equipped kitchenette and living area, plus a bottle of wine on arrival and free Wi-Fi during your stay. Plus guests will get $10 off entry to the nearby Savoy Day Spa (now AU$25/£16), with access to the swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
- The self-catering apartments are a short walk from the Franklin Wharf, where there are several floating stalls selling Tasmania's famous fresh seafood. Popular attractions including Salamanca Market and MONA (the Museum of Old and New Art) are also nearby. Tasmania is an island to be explored -- hire a car and head to Port Arthur, where early settlers sent prisoners to an "escape-proof" prison; hike to the top of Mount Wellington; or explore nearby Swansea, known for its gourmet fare.
- Getting there: We found flights to Hobart from London for £1033 with Qantas over this travel period. It may be cheaper for UK travellers to fly to Sydney and get a domestic flight with low-cost carriers Virgin Australia or Jetstar, depending on your departure dates. Click here to find the flights with Fly.com.
The small print
Valid for stays seven nights a week until 17 December. Based on two sharing. All taxes are included. Maximum occupancy is two guests. A credit card guarantee may be required to secure your stay. Subject to availability. There is no limit to the number of vouchers you can buy.
See all terms