By Travelzoo Staff
Costa Brava has some of the most "gorgeous, unspoilt, and romantic coastlines in Europe", says The Independent. Travelzoo subscribers can stay at the Hotel Alga in the province of Girona for £65 per night, including breakfast and a 2-course dinner -- that's over 40% off the usual cost.
Why we love it
- An overnight stay at the Hotel Alga is £65, including breakfast and a 2-course dinner for two (choose from eight Catalan specialities)
- Save 40% on the regular cost
- Calella de Palafrugell is the "ultimate fishing-village resort" says The Independent
- Late checkout until 3pm (subject to availability)
Avenida Costa Blanca, 43
Calella de Palafrugell
Tel: 00 34 972 617 080
What's included & when
- Sept. 12, 2012 - Nov. 3, 2012
- The hotel is in the heart of the Costa Brava in Calella de Palafrugell, a small holiday resort and fishing village near Palafrugell. There is a botanical garden, hidden coves and architectural treasures including the Parish Church of Sant Martí d'Empúries, the Sant Sant Sebastià lighthouse and Cap Roig Botanical Gardens. Simonseeks.com, the travel guides and holiday reviews site, describes Cap Roig as a "series of terraced gardens cascading from a hilltop castle down to the beach, linked by elegant footsteps lined with tall cypresses".
- Visit the island of Port Lligat, where Salvador Dalí lived and has now been converted into a museum. Both the bay and the island have been represented in several of his paintings. Visit Carrer de la Força, Girona's Jewish quarter, which is one of the best preserved in Eastern Europe.
- Facilities include a tennis court, a swimming pool, a children's swimming pool, a children's play area, table tennis, a games room, a billiard room, a TV lounge and a bar with terrace.
- Valid seven days a week from 1 October-3 November. Stay in September for £75 per room, per night.
- Getting there: Girona Airport is 28 miles away, and Barcelona International Airport is approximately 60 miles from the hotel. We've found flights to Girona from London for £38 return in October. Click here to search on Fly.com.
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay for two people in a Double Room with breakfast and a 2-course dinner (choose from eight Catalan specialities) and late checkout until 3pm (subject to availability). Valid seven days a week from 1 October-3 November. Stay in September for £75 per room, per night. Call the hotel to enquire on 00 34 972 617 080. Update (6:37pm, 18 September): 19-22, 28-29 September; 6, 12-13, 19-20, 27 October are sold out.
See all terms