By Travelzoo Staff
"Everything is of the highest standard" in The WinePress Restaurant, according to Lussorian.com
. Two people can now dine on a 2-course meal with prosecco at this Grade II-listed Harpenden manor for less than £15 each.
Why we love it
- £29 for a 2-course meal for two in The WinePress Restaurant in Harpenden
- A glass of prosecco each is also included in the deal
- "A satisfying gastronomic experience in a pleasant and relaxing ambience" -- Borehamwood & Elstree Times
- Choose any main course, plus either a starter or a dessert per person
- Harpenden House Hotel is an 18th-century, Grade II-listed townhouse, overlooking East Common
- A "stylishly decorated venue" with "particularly attractive gardens" -- AA Hotel Guide 2013
Dec. 11, 2012 - March 31, 2013
The WinePress Restaurant
Harpenden House Hotel
18 Southdown Road
Harpenden, AL5 1PE
Tel: 01582 449 955
- This offer, which usually costs up to £61.40, includes all of the following:
- - A starter each -- current options include terrine of ham hock with homemade piccalilli, or classic potted shrimps with wholemeal bread
- - A main course each*, such as roasted duck breast with rosti potato and a Tia Maria and juniper berry jus, or grilled chicken breast with lemon and thyme pearl barley and prune and leek compote
- - Swap your starter for a dessert; we're tempted by the chocolate and chestnut tart with chocolate sauce, or the selection of English cheese with house chutney, grapes and oatcakes
- You'll also get a glass of prosecco each on arrival.
- Previously a Georgian convent school, The WinePress Restaurant features an "impressive ceiling" (AA Hotel Guide 2013) and beautiful period features. It is about a 15-minute drive from St Albans town centre. It also has its own vineyard in California, and offers more than 40 wines and champagnes to complement the menu.
- Lunch is served from 12pm-2:30pm and dinner from 7pm-9:30pm
The small print
Update (17:20, 12/12/12):
The following dates are no longer available: 14-16 February, 10 March and 31 March. Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to any main course, plus either a starter or a dessert from the à la carte menu, plus a glass of prosecco each. *The steak carries a £4.50 supplement. Reservations are required. Valid for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, subject to availability, from 1 January-31 March, 2013. Excludes 14-16 February, 10 March and 31 March. Menu items are subject to change. Side dishes are not included. No cash value or cash back. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms