By Travelzoo Staff
Learn from the pros with this 4-hour intensive beginner portrait photography course at Ray Lowe Studios. For £35 (a huge 87% off the usual cost) you'll learn lighting techniques, gain some essential Photoshop knowledge and find out how to get the most from your camera.
Why we love it
- A 4-hour intensive portrait photography course at Ray Lowe Studios in Cheshunt, for £35
- Save an astounding 87% on the regular cost
- Includes practical sessions with live models, 1-to-1 time, refreshments and CD course notes to take home
- Learn everything from how to use camera equipment and lighting techniques to Photoshop tips
- All photographers have been trained by award-winning photographer Ray Lowe, and are part of the British Institute of Professional Photography
- A 3-hour intermediate course is also offered for £35
- Take a friend and pay for £65 -- saving up to £475 on the regular cost
- Introductory and intermediate course offers can be combined
Nov. 30, 2012 - May 30, 2013
Ray Lowe Studios
121/123 Crossbrook Street
Cheshunt, EN8 8LY
Tel: 01992 636 152
- Suitable for complete beginners as well as those with some understanding of digital photography, this course would normally cost £270.
- Here's what is covered on the day:
- - Practical sessions using live models to demonstrate lighting and composition using a range of different backgrounds
- - Tuition on lighting techniques, camera equipment and posing using your own SLR camera (cameras are also available to borrow for no extra charge)
- - 1-to-1 time with a Ray Lowe photographer for work critique and questions
- - Refreshments will be provided, and you'll get a CD of course notes to take home after the class.
- The studio session will take place in a group of up to 12 people on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays until 30 May, 2013.
- Travelzoo has also negotiated:
- - 3-hour Intermediate Studio Portraiture course for £35, down from £215. This course focuses more on lighting and is suitable for participants who previously attended the introductory workshop
- - Two people to take the introductory intermediate offers for £65 -- that's less than £33 each, and saves up to £475 on the regular price
- - Take both courses on the same day as an intensive or on separate days
- Ray Lowe received the Master Photographers Association Lifetime Achievement Award in October.
- Ray Lowe Studios is located east of Hertfordshire, on the A10. Cheshunt lies West of the River Lee and Lee Valley Park.
The small print
Valid for one 4-hour Introductory Workshop for Beginners course. Courses take place on Fridays, Sundays and select Mondays until 30 May, 2013. Offer is subject to availability. Multiple vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. Voucher is valid for one person and must be used in one visit. Advance booking is required. 3-hour Intermediate Studio Portraiture course is also available for £35. Two people can book one or both courses for £65 per course. No cash value or cash back. You can bring your own SLR camera but the studios will also provide a camera if needs be. This experience will take place in groups of up to 12.
See all terms