By Travelzoo Staff
Treat a friend to a springtime afternoon tea with a glass of bubbly each at the Winchester Royal Hotel for the equivalent of £9.50 each.
Why we love it
- Afternoon tea for two for less than £10 a head at the Winchester Royal Hotel
- This exclusive offer includes a glass of sparkling wine or buck's fizz each
- The hotel dates back to the 16th century
- Take tea in the secluded walled garden during the summer
- Offer is valid until September -- making it an ideal treat for a sunny day
March 7, 2013 - Nov. 18, 2013
Winchester Royal Hotel
St. Peter Street
Winchester, SO23 8BS
Tel: 01962 840 840
- On sunny days, you can dine in the hotel's serene walled garden, and if there's a chill in the air you can take tea in the cosy lounge.
- This exclusive offer includes all of the following:
- - A glass of sparkling wine or buck's fizz each
- - A selection of sandwiches, such as honey-roasted ham, smoked salmon & dill, cream cheese, and egg mayonnaise
- - Homemade fruit-cake and lemon drizzle cake
- - Freshly baked scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserve
- - Choice of tea or coffee
- Afternoon tea alone (without the bubbly) usually costs £25 for two.
- This deal would be just the ticket for a day out; you could tie it in with a visit to Winchester Cathedral, Paultons Park or the Military Museum.
- Winchester train station is about 5-10 minutes' walk from the hotel.
- This offer is valid seven days a week, between 2pm-6pm, until 18 September
The small print
Valid for afternoon tea for two people, including a glass of either sparkling wine or buck's fizz each. Advance booking is required. Valid seven days a week between 2pm-6pm, subject to availability, until 18 September. Each voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Gratuity is not included. Note: This is a limited offer and may expire before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms