By Travelzoo Staff
The Fur & Feathers in Herriard near Basingstoke is "the village gem" offering a "stunning menu" of "beautifully cooked food" according to Great British Life. Built 120 years ago, the gastropub is recommended in the AA Pub Guide 2013, which praises its "high-ceilinged Victorian proportions" and "log-burning fireplaces".
Why we love it
- £39 for a 3-course à la carte dinner for two at The Fur & Feathers near Basingstoke
- The AA-recommended gastropub was described as "the village gem" by Great British Life
- Tuck in to locally sourced game, lamb and cheese
- The Basingstoke Gazette "couldn't find fault with any aspect" of this restaurant
- Their local ale has been approved by The Good Pub Guide
- Situated near the former home of Jane Austen and Hackwood Park Racecourse
Dec. 20, 2012 - May 31, 2013
The Fur and Feathers
The Fur & Feathers
Basingstoke, RG25 2PN
Tel: 01256 384170
- Now for £39, two guests can dine on 3-courses from the à la carte menu. This deal is valid for lunch or dinner and includes:
- - One starter per person, such as baked Tunworth cheese from Herriard with garlic and thyme and bread to dunk, locally shot pigeon breast with a pearl barley risotto and homemade brawn with piccalilli
- - One main per person, such as crispy Gressingham duck breast with an orange and gooseberry sauce, 3-bone rack of lamb with parsnip purée and red wine jus and pure Aberdeen Angus steaks from Ballindalloch Castle
- - One dessert per person, such as a Hampshire cheese platter with four cheeses, fruit and biscuits, homemade summer pudding with cream or ice cream and sautéed apricots in vanilla sugar and English raspberries with vanilla ice cream
- The Fur & Feathers uses local game and locally sourced lamb and cheese from the Herriard villagers and farmers. Local newspaper Basingstoke Gazette "couldn't find fault with any aspect" of the food or restaurant, which is located near the former home of Jane Austen and Hackwood Park Racecourse.
- This offer is available for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Saturday, from 15 January-31 May.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. It entitles each person to three courses of their choice from the à la carte menu. Reservations are required. Valid for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Saturday, subject to availability, from 15 January-31 May. Excludes 11-17 February and 10 March. Menu items are subject to change based on seasonal availability. A limited number of vouchers are available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms