By Travelzoo Staff
The Wharf House, a converted lock-keeper's cottage on the River Severn just outside Gloucester, specialises in "well-prepared and unfussy" dishes, says the AA. For £59 -- a 52% saving on the usual price -- two people can now visit this AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant for a 5-course tasting dinner with a glass of sparkling wine each.
Why we love it
- £59 for a 5-course tasting-menu dinner for two with a glass of sparkling wine each at The Wharf House
- Awarded an AA Rosette for culinary excellence
- "The menu suits the relaxed and informal setting" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- Recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 and a Green Tourism Award
Sept. 5, 2013 - Feb. 7, 2014
The Wharf House
Gloucestershire, GL2 8DB
Tel: 01452 332 900
- The menu (usually £52.99 a head) is created using the finest local produce and changes seasonally. Here's an example of what to expect:
- - A selection of canapés
- - Amuse-bouches
- - Scallops with carrot sultana salsa, pear purée and carrot crisps
- - Lemon and gin sorbet
- - Herefordshire fillet of beef with wild mushrooms, shallot and port reduction, savoy cabbage and sweet potato chips
- - Pre-dessert
- - Assiette of desserts, such as Michel Cluizel dark chocolate, seasonal butter biscuit-topped crumble, summer Pimm's jelly, and meringues, with vanilla cream and fresh fruits
- Owned by the Hertfordshire & Gloucestershire Canal Trust, this multi-award-winning property has received numerous accolades, including a Silver Award from Green Tourism, a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 and a Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) award. Its profits help the upkeep of 34 miles of canals in both Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.
- This offer is valid 12-3pm for lunch and 5-7:30pm for dinner, Tuesday-Saturday, subject to availability, until 7 February, 2014. Excludes 1 December-2 January, 2014.
The small print
Update (1:36pm, 12 September): This offer is valid Tuesday-Saturday and not seven days a week as previously advertised. This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Only one voucher may be purchased per customer and a maximum of two vouchers may be used per table. Multiple vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included. A discretionary 10% service charge will be added to the final bill. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms