By Travelzoo Staff
Perched atop Upton Hill in Gloucestershire, the Hatton Court Hotel "commands truly spectacular views" of the Severn Valley, according to the AA Hotel Guide. Now, you and a friend can take in the stunning scenery while dining on a 6-course tasting dinner with a glass of bubbly each, for £27.50 a head.
Why we love it
- A 6-course tasting dinner for two for £55 at the Hatton Court Hotel in Upton St Leonards
- This dining package, which also includes a glass of prosecco each, usually costs £108 for two
- Restaurant boasts stunning views across the Severn Valley
- Current tasting menu offers dishes including seabass, roasted loin of lamb and chocolate fondant
- The AA Hotel Guide praises the hotel's "elegant" Tara Restaurant
- The 17th-century Cotswold manor house is set in seven acres of gardens-- you can also dine outside during the summer
June 24, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
Hatton Court Hotel
Upton St Leonards, GL4 8DE
Tel: 01452 617412
- This dining experience, which usually costs more than £100, includes a glass of bubbly and an amuse bouche each on arrival, followed by the 6-course tasting menu. Currently, the menu features the following dishes:
- - Salad of foie gras, smoked duck, pear, celery, rocket and crisp walnuts
- - Pan-fried scallops, cod cheeks, puy lentils and curried fish cream
- - Homemade pineapple sorbet
- - Seared seabass served with artichoke purée, fondant potato, asparagus, star anise foam and chicory jam
- - Herb-roasted loin of lamb with herb faggot, celeriac dauphinoise, pancetta and spring greens
- - Chilled dark chocolate fondant served with chocolate and orange mousse and poached kumquats
- - Taster of English and continental cheeses with crackers, chutney, celery and grapes
- You'll dine in the hotel's Tara Restaurant, and on warm evenings can sit outside and take in the views from the hotel's extensive grounds.
- A group of four can take up this offer for £99 instead of the usual £216 -- that equates to less than £25 per head.
- This deal is valid for dinner only, Monday-Saturday, until 30 September.
The small print
The voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to the 6-course tasting menu and a glass of prosecco. Valid for dinner only, Monday-Saturday, from 6pm-9pm, until 30 September. Bookings are subject to availability. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date.