By Travelzoo Staff
The Three Choirs Vineyards in Gloucestershire is hailed as "England's answer to the Napa Valley" and "heaven for foodies and wine lovers", in Alastair Sawdays Special Places to Stay. Overnight stays in the Forest of Dean, including a wine tasting-experience, are now £89 instead of the regular £157. Here's what you get:
Why we love it
- Save over 40% on an overnight stay for two at the Condé Nast Johansens-recommended Three Choirs Vineyards in the Forest of Dean
- £89 instead of £157 for a Vineyard View Room with full English breakfast
- Guests also get a wine-tasting experience (worth £18 for two) and a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival (worth £19)
- Recommended in The Good Hotel Guide and a member of the Britain's Finest collection
The Three Choirs Vineyards
Gloucestershire, GL18 1LS
Tel: 01531 890223
What's included & when
- May 3, 2013 - Dec. 23, 2013
- - Overnight stay for two in a Vineyard View Room
- - Full English breakfast
- - Wine-tasting experience (worth £18 for two)
- - Bottle of sparkling wine on arrival (worth £19)
- Praised by Condé Nast Johansens as a "hidden treasure", the property sits in 75 acres of unspoilt countryside with views that transport you to the "south of France" or "Italy", says The Guardian.
- The property also has an AA-Rosette restaurant, with prime views over the estate that serves locally sourced produce. In addition to the vineyard, Three Choirs also has a microbrewery, Whittingtons, producing a selection of real ales.
- If you don't want to stay overnight, Travelzoo has also negotiated a vineyard tour where two people can sample four wines each for £9 -- a 50% saving on the usual price. Click here for more details.
- This offer is valid for stays on 27 May; 3-4, 9-10, 16-17 June; 1, 7-8, 14-15, 22-24 July; 4-5, 12, 18-19 August; 1, 8, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30 September; 7, 14, 21 October and for Sunday-Thursday stays from 1 November-31 December.
- Upgrade to a Lodge Room for an additional £30 per room (payable to the hotel on booking).
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay in a Vineyard View Room, full English breakfast, a wine-tasting package and a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival. Valid for stays on 27 May; 3-4, 9-10, 16-17 June; 1, 7-8, 14-15, 22-24 July; 4-5, 12, 18-19
See all terms
August; 1, 8, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30 September; 7, 14, 21 October and for
Sunday-Thursday stays from 1 November-31 December. Subject to availability.