By Travelzoo Staff
The Good Food Guide 2013 praises Glasgow's Gamba restaurant for its "lip smacking seafood," while The Daily Record heaps praise on the "glorious grub", giving the restaurant a perfect 25/25. Find out what the critics are raving about with a 3-course meal plus side dishes and a cocktail for two for £75 -- an exclusive deal for Travelzoo subscribers.
Why we love it
- A gourmet 3-course dinner with side dishes for two at one of Glasgow's best known restaurants
- This meal at AA 2-Rosette holder Gamba is exclusively available to Travelzoo subscribers at £75 for two, a dining experience that would normally cost up to £126.90
- The Michelin Guide 2013-listed venue is also including a Kir Royale cocktail or glass of prosecco with this offer
- "Fish to die for... excellent" -- Hardens
- "Smart restaurant with lip-smacking seafood... superb" -- The Good Food Guide 2013
- Described as a "stalwart of the Glasgow dining experience" by the Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Named one of the Top 100 Places to eat in the UK by The Sunday Times in 2010
March 18, 2013 - June 18, 2013
225a West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2ND
Tel: 0141 572 0899
- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 awarded the restaurant an impressive two Rosettes for the quality of its cuisine, describing it as "a perennial favourite with a stellar reputation for top-notch seafood".
- With this offer, you'll get a kir royale or a glass of prosecco (which regularly cost up to £10.95 each), plus all of the following:
- - A starter each*, such as six Cumbrae rock oysters over crushed ice or Thermidor, or Marrbury smoked salmon served with avocado and shrimp Marie rose
- - A main course each* -- we like the sound of the monkfish and king scallops served with spring onions, ginger and sesame seeds, or the 9oz beef rib-eye served with shitake mushrooms, Teriyaki wasabi and lentils
- - A side dish each, such as rooster chips, fondant potatoes or fennel, orange and sesame salad
- - A dessert each. Current options include baked cheesecake with stewed rhubarb and stem ginger, or warm chocolate and hazelnut brownie with vanilla ice cream
- The Michelin Guide 2013 says that Gamba presents an "extensive and appealing seafood menu" and is impressed by the "good service from a well-versed team".
- This offer is valid Sunday-Thursday for lunch and dinner until 18 June.
The small print
Valid for a 3-course dinner for two people. Each person is entitled to a starter, a main course, a side dish, and a dessert each. Also includes a Kir Royale or a glass of prosecco each. Supplements apply to the following dishes: Crabmeat starter (£2), lobster main course (£7). Vouchers may be redeemed Sunday-Thursday for lunch and dinner, subject to availability, until 18 June. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that may be used per table. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Bookings must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Gratuity is not included. Must be used by two people in one visit.