By Travelzoo Staff
Described as "a winner" by The Herald, The Pelican Cafe serves up an eclectic mix of dishes from its Argyle Street location. This Glasgow bistro is now offering two Travelzoo subscribers a 2-course meal with a glass of bubbly each for £29 -- half the usual price.
Why we love it
- A 2-course meal for two, with a glass of bubbly each, for £29 at Glasgow's Pelican Cafe
- The bill for this dining experience on Argyle Street would usually add up to £58
- "The food is adventurous and resolutely fresh" -- Fodor's
- Winner of Newcomer of the Year at The List Awards 2011
- Scotsman.com praises the restaurant's "lengthy and extraordinarily varied" menu
- The Herald describes the beef as "stunningly good"
Nov. 29, 2012 - Feb. 13, 2013
The Pelican Cafe
1377 Argyle Street
Glasgow, G3 8AF
Tel: 0844 573 0670
- The Pelican Cafe -- a previous winner of The List's Newcomer of the Year award -- is offering all of the following with this deal for two:
- - A starter each, such as West Coast Scottish langoustines, or carpaccio of beef fillet, scented with truffle oil, wild rocket and parmesan shavings
- - A main course each, such as the 10oz popeseye steak served with goose-fat chips, baked portobello mushroom and confit tomato, or caramelised Oriental salmon with roasted sesame seeds and seared pak choi
- You'll also get a glass of bubbly each on arrival.
- This offer is valid Sunday-Friday for lunch or dinner, and Saturday for lunch, until 13 February, 2013.
The small print
Excludes the grazing board and seafood platters. The following supplements apply: ribeye steak (£6); fillet steak (£10). Steak sauces are an additional £1 each. Valid Sunday-Friday for lunch or dinner, and Saturday for lunch, until 13 February, 2013. Bookings subject to availability. Limited availability on Friday. Limited availability 1-8 December 2012. Excludes 9-31 December 2012 and 1-8 January, 2013. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms