By Travelzoo Staff
The Caledonian Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh "exudes the glamour and traditions of the original Waldorf Astoria New York", according to the UK Tea Guild. Now, you can step into the stunning surroundings of the 5-star hotel for a speciality champagne afternoon tea for £19.
Why we love it
- £19 for speciality afternoon tea at the Caledonian Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh
- This half-price offer also includes a glass of Pommery Brut Royal champagne
- The Caledonian recently underwent a £24million refurbishment
- Hotel radiates "Parisian chic on Princes Street", says The Independent, which also recently named it one of the 50 best places to take tea
- The hotel boasts stunning views of the imposing castle from its city centre location
- Two can take tea for £38, and for an additional £2 per person you can dine on all of the above on a weekend
March 27, 2013 - May 31, 2013
The Caledonian Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh
Edinburgh, EH1 2AB
Tel: 0131 222 8888
- Fresh from a £24million refurbishment, the Caledonian has launched a new afternoon tea menu, which Scottish Field magazine says is "a feast (almost) too pretty to eat".
- With this half-price offer, which is valid Monday-Friday until 31 May, take in the gorgeous surroundings and sip a glass of top Pommery Brut Royal champagne as you tuck into all of the following:
- - Your choice of loose leaf tea or specialty coffee
- - Finger sandwiches such as egg mayonnaise with mustard cress, peeled cucumber with cream cheese, smoked ham and English mustard, and Scottish smoked salmon
- - Freshly baked fruit and plain scones served with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- - Pastries such as lemon meringue pie, fruit tart with crème patisserie, chocolate mousse with orange marmalade, Victoria sponge, salted caramel éclair, wild strawberry and white chocolate opera,and banana loaf
- Tea is served in the Peacock Alley lounge, which was formerly the site of railway station platforms. The UK Tea Council presented the Caledonian with an Award of Excellence in 2012, and praised the hotel's renovation as it paid homage to the "glamour of the golden age of classic rail journeys". It was also listed as one of the 50 best places to take tea in the UK by The Independent this month.
- Alternatively, take along a friend for afternoon tea for £38. For an additional £2 per person, you can dine on all of the above on Saturday-Sunday until 26 May
The small print
This voucher is valid for one person and must be used in one visit. A discretionary service charge of 10% will be added to your bill. Valid Monday-Friday from 12pm-5pm, subject to availability, until 31 May. Weekend vouchers may be redeemed Saturday 12-1pm and 4-5.30pm, and Sunday 12-1.30pm and 3-5.30pm, until 26 May. Note: A limited number of vouchers is available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms