By Travelzoo Staff
Step inside the cosy surrounds of renowned Edinburgh bistro La Garrigue
and dine on a 2-course dinner for two with aperitifs for under £20 a head. The 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
has received rave reviews for delivering "serious regional cooking with an intoxicating Mediterranean swagger
Why we love it
- £39 for a 2-course meal for two with aperitifs each, at renowned French bistro La Garrigue
- This highly-rated Edinburgh restaurant holds two AA Rosettes
- "Authentic French food with real aplomb" -- The Good Food Guide 2013
- "The menu is a joy to read... authentic French country dishes done properly" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- Head chef Jean Michel Gauffre knows that small touches go a long way" -- Frommer's
- A reviewer from the Edinburgh Evening News praised the "delicious" food and "bustling atmosphere"
Feb. 7, 2013 - April 30, 2013
31 Jeffrey Street
Midlothian, EH1 1DH
Tel: 0131 557 3032
- La Garrigue, described by The Good Food Guide 2013 as a "tub-thumpingly patriotic French bistro", occupies a prime spot in Edinburgh's Old Town, moments from the Royal Mile and Waverley Station.
- With this deal, Travelzoo subscribers will get an aperitif each (such as the restaurant's signature mix of Armagnac and sparkling wine), followed by:
- - A starter each, with current menu items including warm confit rabbit in puff pastry with carrot, pomegranate and orange salad, or scallops with garlic butter and fennel broth
- - A main course each; we like the sound of the pan-fried fish of the day with Camargue rice, lobster bisque and steamed mussels, or the slow-cooked cheek of beef with parsnip purée and glazed carrots
- This dining package for two would usually cost £65 for two -- with this deal, you'll get all of the above for £19.50 each.
- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 notes the "suitably contemporary rustic interior kitted out with delicious plain wood tables and chairs". The bistro also featured on an episode of Gordon Ramsay's "Best Restaurant 2010" TV series.
- This offer is valid Sunday-Friday for lunch or dinner, until 30 April.
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to an apperitif, a starter and a main course. Valid Sunday-Friday for lunch and dinner, subject to availability, until 30 April. Limited availability on Friday. Excludes Saturdays and 14 February. Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included.