By Travelzoo Staff
The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 has awarded Edinburgh's Plumed Horse restaurant a rare three Rosettes, describing the food as "some of the capital's most consistently imaginative contemporary cuisine".
Why we love it
- A sumptuous 8-course tasting dinner with a glass of champagne in one of Edinburgh's most renowned restaurants
- The Plumed Horse has been awarded an exceptional three AA Rosettes
- This dining package is exclusively available to Travelzoo subscribers for £55 per person, or £99 for two
- "Well-crafted, classical cooking with strong, bold flavours and good use of Scottish ingredients" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- "The cooking continues to aim way above mere satisfaction, with surprises and delights along the way", says The Good Food Guide 2013
- 88% of reviewers on TripAdvisor recommend this popular Leith restaurant as excellent or very good
- Winner of the Catering in Scotland (CIS) Restaurant of The Year 2010-2011 award
Feb. 1, 2013 - April 19, 2013
50-54 Henderson Street
Midlothian, EH6 6DE
Tel: 0131 554 5556
- Travelzoo subscribers can now visit this gourmet venue for an 8-course tasting dinner with a glass of champagne each for £55 per person, or £99 for two.
- Here's what you can expect with this offer from the Michelin Guide-listed Leith venue:
- - Plumed Horse canapes
- - Veloute of Jerusalem artichoke served with garlic croutons and truffle oil
- - Roast hand-dived scallop, razor clam and parsley risotto served with Arënkha caviar
- - Foie gras, prune and armagnac
- - Roast breast of pheasant served with truffle croquette, celeriac puree and clapshot
- - Roquefort cheese souffle
- - Chocolate and pistachio delice served with chocolate cappuccino and pistachio ice cream
- - Tea, coffee or infusions with petit fours
- The cost for two people to dine from the tasting menu at this award-winning restaurant would usually be £138 alone -- this exclusive package at £99 for two also includes a complimentary glass of posh Joseph Perrier NV Grand Brut champagne each.
- This offer is valid for dinner, Tuesday-Friday, until 19 April.
The small print
Update, 27 February 12:10pm: This offer is now valid for dinner only, not for lunch as previously advertised. The restaurant will be closed from 1-8 April. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Valid for one person and must be used in one visit. The bearer is entitled to the 8-course tasting menu and a glass of champagne. Valid for dinner, Tuesday-Friday, until 19 April. Bookings subject to availability. Limited availability on Fridays. Excludes 14 February. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. No cash value or cash back. Bookings must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Gratuity is not included.