By Katie Millington
The Gables Hotel in Gretna, Scotland, has put together an overnight package for two, that cuts 58% off the regular rates.
Why we love it
- Family-run property set in its own grounds in Gretna, near the Anglo-Scottish border
- The restaurant serves local produce wherever possible, and has an extensive wine list to accompany each dish
- Local attractions include Carlisle Castle -- which The Guardian calls "historically fascinating" -- the Solway Coast -- an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty -- and Hadrian's Wall
The Gables Hotel
1 Annan Road
Dumfriesshire, DG16 5DQ
Tel: 01461 338300
What's included & when
- Valid for Sunday-Thursday stays until 22 December (Saturday-night stays are an extra £61 per room, payable direct to the hotel on booking)
- Accommodation in a Classic Double Bedroom and a full Scottish breakfast each
- 3-course set-menu dinner for two
- Access to the Lounge Bar, serving Scottish malt whisky
Upgrade to a 2-night package with dinner on the first night for £135, saving 54%
The Cumbrian town of Keswick and Kielder Water and Forest Park are a short drive away. Drive the coastal road from Dumfries to Dalbeattie, which has hidden hamlets, including Rockcliffe and Kippford.
The small print
Only one voucher can be used per booking. Subject to availability. Rooms at this price are limited, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions. Due to the hotel releasing more availability, we have been able to reopen this offer.
See all terms