By Travelzoo Staff
Overnight stays with dinner in a 15th-century Lothian castle are now £99 per room, per night -- a saving of 40%. Carberry Tower, a 4-star hotel that has played host to Elizabeth I and the current Queen, is less than a 15-minute drive from Edinburgh and recommended by Britain's Finest.
Why we love it
- Save 40% on an overnight escape at Carberry Tower in East Lothian, Scotland
- Includes overnight accommodation in a Tower Room with breakfast and 3-course à la carte dinner
- 15the century castle is set in 35 acres of manicured grounds
- Condé Nast Johansens calls Carberry Tower "a reflection of traditional, charming Scotland with period fireplaces, wood panelling, stained glass windows and quirky architectural features"
- Has hosted Royalty since the 1600s, from Elizabeth I to the current Queen
- Recommended by Britain's Finest
- 15-20 minutes by car from Edinburgh and less than 10 minutes by train
- Stay any day of the week until 31 March
East Lothian, EH21 8PY
Tel: 0131 665 3135
What's included & when
- Dec. 21, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- This deal, based on two sharing, entitles Travelzoo subscribers to overnight accommodation in a Tower Room, full Scottish breakfast and 3-course à la carte dinner.
- Carberry Tower stands close to Carberry Hill in Musselburgh, East Lothian, where the dramatic capture of Mary, Queen of Scots took place during the Battle of Carberry Hill. It is less than 15 minutes' from the coast and beach.
- This turreted castle retains the atmosphere of a private residence, with its stained glass windows, open fireplaces and wood panelling. There is a restaurant, a music room, a billiards room, a whisky bar and a lounge with a grand piano. Dishes that can be found on the à la carte menu range from wild mushroom risotto with beef carpaccio, herb-crusted rump of lamb with carrot purée and roast rib-eye with celeriac and fondant potato. There is free parking and Wi-Fi.
- Stay any day of the week from 4 January-31 March.
The small print
Valid for stays any day of the week from 4 January-31 March. This deal includes overnight accommodation in a Tower Room, full Scottish breakfast and 3-course à la carte dinner. Not available on 6, 18 January; 7-9, 23-24 February; 2, 8-9, 16, 29-30 March. Bookings will not be taken without a valid voucher.
See all terms