By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to a historic Suffolk coaching inn where King George II once stayed. For £89 per room, you'll save 40% on a stay that includes dinner at the Bell House Hotel, a property that prides itself on its history, food and hospitality.
Why we love it
- Stay at Bell House Hotel for £89 per night including dinner and full Suffolk breakfast -- that's up to 40% off the regular price
- Includes an overnight stay for two in a Standard Room
- Travelzoo subscribers receive an upgrade, subject to availability on arrival
- 2-course à la carte dinner from the Parlour Menu
- Upgrade to two courses from the Fine Dining Menu for £20 per couple
- The restaurant is listed in the Michelin Guide
Bell House Hotel
Bell House Hotel
31 High Street
Saxmundham, IP17 1AF
Tel: 01728 602 331
What's included & when
- Dec. 20, 2012 - May 15, 2013
- In full, you get:
- -An overnight stay for two with full English breakfast in a Standard Room
- -Travelzoo subscribers will get an upgrade, subject to availability on arrival
- -Dinner and dessert from the Parlour Menu
- Awarded two forks in the 2013 Michelin Guide, food is a highlight at the hotel. The Parlour menu features traditional fare such as sausages and truffled potato mash and homemade burgers. Subscribers can upgrade to a 2-course, à la carte dinner from the Fine Dining Menu for £20 per room, payable locally (Tuesday-Saturday only), where you'll find slow roasted pork belly and sea bass with smoke glazed scallop.
- Stay seven days a week from 15 January-15 May, 2013. Stay two nights for £149 or three nights for £199 -- extra nights are on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- The 10 rooms at the property are individually decorated and many have views of Saxmundham.
- Located at the centre of Suffolk's Heritage Coast region, Saxmundham is a 40-minute drive by car from Ipswich, an hour from Norwich and about 20 minutes from the coastal towns of Southwold and Aldeburgh.
The small print
Available for stays from 15 January-15 May, 2013. Includes and overnight stay in a Standard Room, and a main course and a dessert from the Parlour menu. Upgrade to a 2-course, à la carte dinner from the fine dining menu for £20 per room, payable locally. Subject to availability. Not available on 14 February; 29 March-1 April. See below for full terms and conditions. Update (11:15, 3 January): The Bell House Hotel is closed until 15 January. If you have purchased a voucher that you would like to redeem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the hotel will respond to your query when it reopens.
See all terms