By Travelzoo Staff
The Library Restaurant, at the Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel is set within a tranquil deer park in Spennymoor, County Durham. For £30, two people can tuck into a delicious 3-course meal at this rural bolthole, saving up to 50% on the usual cost.
Why we love it
- £30 for a 3-course meal for two at the Library Restaurant, which is set within the Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel in Spennymoor
- Usually costing up to £60.30, you save 50%
- Set within a deer park, the hotel also has a Victorian walled garden, a church and a fishing lake
- This Grade II-listed building sits on the site of the former home of local legend Bobby Shafto, an 18th-century MP
- The AA Hotel Guide 2013 describes the hotel as "peacefully situated"
- A 20-minute drive from Durham
- Available for dinner, seven days a week, until 17 April
Jan. 31, 2013 - April 17, 2013
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel
Whitworth Hall Country Park
Spennymoor, DL16 7QX
Tel: 01388 811772
- Menu items may change depending on what's available, but here's what each person can expect:
- -A starter such as smoked salmon mousse, with marinated beetroot and dijon mayonnaise or locally-sourced game pâté with tarragon butter, spicy apple chutney, Cumberland sauce and Scottish oatcakes
- -A main course such as rosemary-seasoned chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, with a parsnip rosti, mangetout, cherry tomatoes and a red wine jus, or a rack of lamb with baby carrots, fine beans, garlic mash and a rosemary jus
- -A dessert such as sticky toffee pudding or iced wild berry parfait
- This deal can be used at dinner, seven days a week, until 17 April.
- The Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel is a 20-minute drive from the centre of Durham.
- This Grade II-listed hotel, which sits on the site of the former home of 18th-century MP Bobby Shafto, also has a Victorian walled garden, a church and a fishing lake.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter, a main course and a dessert. The following supplements apply: sirloin steak - £3.95; fillet steak - £9.95; cheese and biscuits - £2. Valid for dinner, seven days a week, until 17 April. Excludes 14-16 February. Subject to availability. The sale period for this deal has been extended for the Valentine's Day Gift Guide. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. Please see below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms