By Katie Millington
"Particularly impressive is the vast reception area, with looming castle walls, grand piano and proud lion sculptures standing guard," says Time Out Dublin
Why we love it
- Clontarf Castle Hotel, built in 1837, is two miles from Dublin city centre
- Dinner is in the Michelin Guide-listed Fahrenheit Grill -- dishes include smoked salmon and goats' cheese roulade, braised belly of pork and vanilla panacotta
- This hotel has a 4-star AA rating and a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
- In 2007 the hotel had a 10€ million refurbishment combining history with modernity; you'll come across suits of armour mixed with a 1€ million glass entrance and 28-inch LCD TVs in all the rooms
Clontarf Castle Hotel
3 Castle Avenue
Tel: 00353 18332321
What's included & when
- Sunday-Thursday stays until 31 January, 2014
- An overnight stay for two people in a Deluxe Room (subject to availability on booking)
Full Irish breakfast
Pre-dinner glass of prosecco and a 3-course set-menu dinner for two in the Fahrenheit Grill
Friday-night stays are an extra £17 and Saturdays are an extra £34 per room, per night, payable direct to the hotel
Family rooms are available at a supplement of £25 per room, per night (payable direct to the hotel). Children under 12 stay for free on a bed-and-breakfast basis when sharing with two adults
- Upgrade to a 2-night stay for £223 with dinner on the first night
We've found return flights to Dublin for £30 including tax from London Stansted and London Luton. Click here
to search on Fly.com.
The small print
Not available on 2, 30 November; 6-7, 10, 13-14, 20-21, 24-28, 31 December. Subject to availability. Rooms are limited, so early booking is advised. This voucher is valid for an overnight stay for two people in a Deluxe Room (subject to availability on booking) and includes a full Irish breakfast each, a 3-course set-menu dinner with coffee for two in the Fahrenheit Grill and a pre-dinner glass of prosecco each. Vouchers are valid for Sunday-Thursday stays from 28 October-31 January. See below for full terms and conditions. Update (1:04pm, 24 October): 9 November is sold out. Due to the hotel releasing more availability, we have been able to reopen this offer.
See all terms
Click here to see all of our Christmas gift ideas.