By Travelzoo Staff
Get away to a 5-star resort in the Irish village of Killenard for £115 per room -- a saving of up to 43% on the usual price. Staying in a resort that has previously welcomed Grace Jones, The Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack and Nick Faldo, you get:
Why we love it
- Stay in the 5-star Heritage Golf & Spa Resort for £115, instead of £201
- Includes accommodation, breakfast, an upgrade and 40€ resort credit
- Praised for its ''classical extravagance'' by The Independent
- Famous guests include Elbow, Grace Jones, Johnny Rotten, The Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack and Nick Faldo
- Listed in the Best in Ireland Bridgestone Guide
- The par-72 championship golf course was designed by Seve Ballesteros
- An hour's drive from Dublin and 10 minutes from the medieval ruins of the Rock of Dunamase
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort
The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort
Tel: 00353 5786 45500
What's included & when
- Feb. 21, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- - Overnight accommodation
- - Breakfast
- - 40€ credit to use anywhere in the resort (excluding drinks)
- - An upgrade to a Superior Room upon booking
- Set in the village of Killenard in County Laois, the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort is home to a championship golf course, health club and a spa thatThe Times calls ''hedonistic''. The health club is equipped with top-of-the range Techno gym exercise equipment, a 15-metre pool and a Jacuzzi. There are separate ladies' and gents' saunas and steam rooms, a resident hairdresser and 20 treatment rooms in the spa, which offers a selection of treatments and packages.
- The restaurants include Sol Orien's Italian restaurant and Steakhouse, Green's Brasserie and the fine-dining Arlington Room. Opening times and days vary according to season and day of the week. Classic dishes are served in the Thatch pub, accompanied on some evenings by traditional music. The Slieve Bloom lounge and bar offer glorious mountain views.
- Dishes on the Arlington Room menu include beechwood-smoked duck salad with fig, slow-roast rack of pork with cider cream sauce and caramelised onion, aged Irish beef fillet and roast vegetable rigatoni with buffalo mozzarella and basil sauce.
- Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday until 30 June
The small print
Subject to availability. This deal is for two people with overnight accommodation, breakfast, 40€ resort credit and an upgrade to a Superior Room (subject to availability) included. Valid Sunday-Thursday until 30 June. Not available on 2, 27-28 May; 18 June. Resort credit cannot be used on drinks. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Prices, dates and savings are correct at the time of publicattion.
See all terms