By Travelzoo Staff
22 Mill St is a "serenely welcoming place... a plaudit-winning gem", according to culinary bible The Good Food Guide 2013. Now you and a friend can visit this 2-AA-Rosette-awarded venue for yourselves and tuck into a 5-course gourmet tasting dinner for under £35 a head.
Why we love it
- A 5-course tasting dinner for two for £69 instead of the usual £138 at 22 Mill St in Chagford
- The restaurant holds a rare 2 AA Rosettes for the quality of its food
- "Smart, well-run restaurant in an attractive village" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- Described as a "gem" by The Good Food Guide 2013
- "The kitchen calls on the best West Country products it can find" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- Offer is also available at the award-winning Browns restaurant in Tavistock
March 8, 2013 - June 21, 2013
22 Mill St
- You'll save 50% with this meal for two, which regularly costs £138. Although menu items are subject to change, here's an idea of what you can expect:
- - Amuse bouche
- - Seared tuna served with sweet corn, watercress, spring onion and sesame seeds
- - Spiced Cornish venison with pumpkin gnocchi, parsnip, celeriac and kale
- - Brixham John Dory with nasturtium, surf clam, cockle and nage
- - Pear and white chocolate served with raspberry and pistachio
- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 team were impressed by the "classical and contemporary styles of British cooking" which are found at 22 Mill St, while The Good Food Guide 2013 notes the "nice sense of relaxation" which is found in the restaurant.
- This offer is also available at Brown's restaurant in Tavistock, which was recently named the Best Foodie Hotel in the South West at Food Reader Awards 2012. The menu may differ slightly at this venue; click here for their current tasting menu.
- Vouchers can be redeemed for lunch or dinner at either restaurant, Friday-Saturday until 21 June at 22 Mill St, and Sunday-Wednesday until 19 June at Browns restaurant.
The small print
Valid for a 5-course tasting menu for two. Valid for lunch or dinner at 22 Mill St, Friday-Saturday, until 21 June. Valid for lunch or dinner at Browns restaurant Sunday-Wednesday, until 19 June. Excludes 28-31 March. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Must be used in one visit. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that may be used per table. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back.