By Travelzoo Staff
Meet, handle and fly up to 12 birds of prey with this half-day experience from Yarak Birds of Prey Centre in Devon for £19 -- less than half the usual cost.
Why we love it
- Take part in a half-day owl and hawk handling experience for £19 at Yarak Birds of Prey Centre
- This 2.5-hour experience in Langford, Devon, usually costs £45
- You'll get to handle and fly a variety of birds of prey including owls
- Also includes the option to stay and watch a 45-minute bird show after your experience
- Upgrade to a full-day experience for £16 more
- 53/55 TripAdvisor reviewers rate the centre as Excellent
Aug. 20, 2013 - May 31, 2014
Yarak Birds of Prey Centre
Langford Mill Farm
Nr Cullompton, EX15 1RG
Tel: 01884 277297 or 01884 277291
- You'll meet birds such as Buffy, the Bengal eagle owl, Tinker, the American kestrel and Breeze, the European barn owl at the centre, which is located in 12 acres of Devon countryside.
- During the experience, you'll be taught how to handle the creatures by trained falconers and fly your own bird. You'll also get the option to watch a bird show after the experience, which lasts 45 minutes.
- The bird centre, which houses 52 birds including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and a hooded vulture, received a 96% Excellent rating on TripAdvisor.
- This offer is available Wednesday-Sunday, at either 10am-12.30pm, or 1.30pm-4pm, until 17 December.
- If you'd prefer to upgrade to a full-day experience (which runs from 10am-4pm), you can do for £35 per person (regularly £80), or £55 for two people (instead of the usual £140). This longer, more in-depth experience allows each guest to have the thrill of handling or flying a wider selection of eagles, falcons, hawks and owls
The small print
Valid for one person to take part in a half-day owl and hawk handling experience. Valid for a 2.5 hour experience at either 10am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4pm. Valid Wednesday-Sunday, until 17 December, subject to availability. Includes a 10% discount on lunch if purchased on the day. Spectators are welcome but must pay a £10 fee for the half-day and £20 fee for the full-day on entrance. Not suitable for under 7s. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms