By Travelzoo Staff
The River Cottage Autumn Fair will feature cookery demonstrations, tastings, food markets, live music, talks and a book-signing session by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Travelzoo subscribers can purchase a ticket for the event on 8 September for £10 -- saving £5 on the usual ticket price.
Why we love it
- Entry to the River Cottage Autumn Fair on 8 September for £10 -- save £5 with this exclusive deal
- Highlights of the event, held at River Cottage HQ in Devon, include book signings by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, demonstrations, tastings and talks
- Other attractions include live music, local produce and craft stalls, puppet shows, falconry displays, face painting and a kids' craft area
- Under-12s go free when accompanied by a paying adult
- Attend demonstrations by the River Cottage team including, Gill Meller, John Wright, Tim Maddams and Steven Lamb
Aug. 15, 2013 - Sept. 8, 2013
River Cottage HQ
Axminster, EX13 8TB
Tel: 01297 630300
- Usually closed to the public, River Cottage HQ in Devon is the set of many of Hugh's successful television programmes. See the site first-hand and enjoy the many events and activities planned for this year's fair.
- Highlights of the event include:
- - Book signing by Hugh (ensure you're at the event from the start so you don't miss him)
- - Demonstrations by the River Cottage team, including Gill Meller, John Wright, Tim Maddams and Steven Lamb
- - Cookery classes on bread, preserves and chocolate
- - "Make Your Own" masterclasses: gluten-free cooking, flower arranging, beekeeping (an additional fee applies, payable on the day)
- - Talks and tastings from local food and wildlife experts
- - Artisan skilled demonstrations
- - Organic food festival: stalls selling organic produce
- - Local food and craft stalls
- - Stalls selling real ales, local cider and foraged cocktails
- - Live music
- - Puppet shows and puppet-making workshops
- - Falconry and sheepdog-herding displays
- - Hula-hooping, face painting and welly wanging
- - Kids' craft area
- River Cottage HQ is a working farm and so sturdy footwear is advised. Useful information to plan your day and advice on what to take can be found at www.rivercottage.net/autumnfair/.
- This offer is for Sunday 8 September, from 10am-4pm. There is no set time for Hugh's appearance so attending from the start is advised. Update (2:39pm, 2 September): this offer is now also valid for Saturday 7 September.
The small print
Update (2:39pm, 2 September): tickets for Saturday 7 September are also now available. This voucher is valid for one ticket to the River Cottage Autumn Fair on 8 September and must be used in one visit. The event runs 10am-4pm. Under-12s go free when accompanied by a paying adult, there is no need for a ticket. Masterclasses and food and drink are not included. The event will continue in bad weather and rain. No dogs allowed. Visit www.rivercottage.net/autumnfair/ for more information. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Subject to availability. This is a limited offer and may sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms