By Travelzoo Staff
This gourmet mini break includes overnight accommodation with continental breakfast and 5-course tasting-menu dinner (worth £138) in the hotel's Michelin-listed restaurant, which is described as serving ''exceptional food'' by the Trencherman’s Guide 2011-2012. At up to 44% less than normal, stays at the 4-star Browns Hotel are now £139 per room.
Why we love it
- Includes accommodation with breakfast and 5-course taster menu for £139 instead of £247
- ''A charming boutique hotel'' -- The Times
- Browns Hotel is listed in the Michelin Guide and holds an EnjoyEngland 4-star Gold award
- Hosted the production team during the filming of Spielberg's ''War Horse''
- Winner of the Best Foodie Hotel in the South West at Food Reader Awards 2012
- The Daily Telegraph describes the breakfast as ''superb''
- The restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes
- This 4-star hotel is on the edge of Dartmoor National Park
- Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday from 1 September until 30 November
Browns Hotel, Brasserie, Wine Bar
80 West Street
Tavistock, PL19 8AQ
Tel: 01822 618 686
What's included & when
- Aug. 20, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2013
- The hotel, a former 17th-century coaching inn, holds a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and is on the edge of Dartmoor National Park -- where Steven Spielberg's ''War Horse'' was filmed. Inside the hotel, period features such as open hearths, warm oak beams, exposed stonework and slate flags help to retain the charm of this property. There is also a secret garden where cream tea is served (weather dependent). Rooms in the hotel have free Wi-Fi.
- The tasting menu changes on a daily basis depending on seasonal availability. Dishes that can be found on the menu range from Dartmoor trout with smoked almonds, local roe deer with bergamot-infused consommé and BBQ pineapple with spiced carpaccio and coconut.
- Set in the heart of Dartmoor town in Tavistock, the hotel is around a 40-minute drive from Plymouth, an hour from Exeter and two hours from Bristol.
- This deal is valid for stays Sunday-Thursday from 1 September until 30 November. Friday- and Saturday-night stays are £10 extra per night (payable directly to the hotel). Upgrade to a Superior Room for £20 extra per night.
- Not available on 22 September; 15-16 November.
- Travelzoo has also negotiated a deal for 50% off a 5-course dinner for two at the hotel's award-winning restaurant. The tasting dinner for two is available for £69 -- for more information, click here.<>
The small print
Subject to availability. Dates are subject to selling out, but were correct at the time of publish. This deal is valid for overnight accommodation for two people with continental breakfast and 5-course tasting menu. Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday from 1 September until 30 November.
See all terms