By Travelzoo Staff
Celebrity chefs Jamie Oliver and Lorraine Pascale have declared themselves fans of the French macaron, and now two Travelzoo subscribers can learn how to create the meringue-based treats for £17.50 each.
Why we love it
- Try your hand at creating French macarons during a 90-minute workshop for less than £18 per person
- Save over 50% on the usual price
- "Beautiful macarons are one of the current ‘sweet’ crazes", says celebrity chef Lorraine Pascale
- Learn the techniques behind combining flavours and creating fillings for macarons
- Take home your toothsome treats and impress friends with your new culinary skills
- The "cult of the macaron is taking the world by storm" -- The Metro
A great treat for mum this Mother's Day
Feb. 20, 2013 - June 21, 2013
76 Smedley Street
Matlock, DE4 3JJ
Tel: 01629 580 808
- You'll get to take home as many macarons as you can make during this 90-minute workshop from Café Central.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the course, and you'll learn the following techniques:
- - How to create meringue by mixing almond flour with sugar and egg whites
- - How to produce the macaron fillings
- - Details about moisture levels, baking times and decorating your treats
- Flavours can vary but typically include lemon, strawberry, chocolate and orange.
- The Metro has noted the "sweet sophistication" of these mini sandwiches, while the macaron has been hailed as "the new cupcake" by everyone from Jamie Oliver to Fox News.
- This course is available Mondays-Thursdays and selected Saturdays until 21 June.
- Want to give this experience as a gift for Mother’s Day? Click on “Buy Now”, then select ‘Give this as a Gift’ and fill in the recipient's name before completing your purchase. We will then create a personalised gift voucher which you can print out or email to your loved one
The small print
The offer is valid for two people to take part in a 90-minute macaron-making workshop and must be used in one visit. It is valid Mondays-Thursdays and selected Saturdays, subject to availability, until 21 June. There is limited availability on Saturdays. A 7-day cancellation policy applies. Reservations are required. There is a maximum of 18 people per class. Must be 16 or over. Flavours may vary. One voucher per two people. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms