By Travelzoo Staff
Nestled on the banks of a Cornish estuary, The Old Ferry Inn boasts stunning views across the River Fowey and the neighbouring town. This 'picturesque' (TheTravelEditor.com) 13th-century inn is now offering two Travelzoo subscribers a 2-course meal for £9.50 a head instead of up to £42.90.
Why we love it
- A 2-course meal for two at the riverside Old Ferry Inn, for £19 instead of up to £43
- Located in an estuary overlooking the beautiful town of Fowey
- TheTravelEditor.com praises the "homely" food served up in the restaurant
- Overlooks the Bodinnick-to-Fowey ferry, which dates back to the 13th Century, and Ferryside, the former family home of Daphne du Maurier
- The Cornish inn has recently launched a new menu under new management
- Add on a 2-night stay at the inn, with breakfast each morning, for a total of £99 (worth up to £253)
Sept. 27, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
The Old Ferry Inn
The Old Ferry Inn
Bodinnick-by-Fowey, PL23 1LX
Tel: 01726 870 237
- Be among the first to try out the inn's new menu, which recently launched under new management, for either lunch or dinner.
- Although menu items are subject to change, here's an idea of what you can expect:
- - A starter each, such as homemade crab bisque with garlic mayonnaise, cheese and croutons, or warm pigeon salad with pan fried wild mushrooms and rocket leaves
- - A main course each, with options including a locally-sourced fisherman's pie, or roasted chicken breast served with vegetables, sautéed potatoes and a Cornish Orchards cider, cream and apple sauce
- Items on the specials board are also included in this offer (although some supplements may apply to higher priced items).
- For a total of £99, two people can take up all of the above, plus a 2-night stay at the inn. This offer, which also includes breakfast on both mornings, is worth up to £253 for two.
- TheTravelEditor.com raves about the views from the hotel's bedrooms, which "are mostly across the river to pretty town of Fowey, across the wide harbour to the sea, or into Daphne du Maurier’s son’s back garden."
- Both offers are valid seven days a week, from 1 October-31 January, 2013
The small print
Update, 16:45, 8 October: The overnight stay option is now sold out. Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter and a main course. Supplements apply to the steak (£4) and cheeseboard (£3) options. Supplements of up to £4 may apply to some items over £14 on the specials board. Voucher is valid seven days a week, subject to availability, from 1 October until 31 January, 2013. Excludes 5 October and 23 December-4 January, 2013. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms