By Travelzoo Staff
The Duke of Portland has been praised by top foodies from The Guardian, The Times and The Michelin Guide 2013, and was described as "never less than excellent" by InOut magazine. Now, you and a friend can visit this "local culinary beacon" (The Times) for a 3-course meal and bubbly for £39.
Why we love it
- Three courses and a glass of prosecco for two at The Duke of Portland in Lach Dennis, Cheshire
- Pay under £20 a head for this dining offer, which usually retails for more than £78 for two
- Described as a "local culinary beacon" by The Times
- The Michelin Guide 2013 rates the "simply prepared dishes" and the "carefully sourced, local produce"
- "A renowned gastropub" -- The Guardian
- Cheshire Life's reviewer described their meal as "a traditional English feast"
Jan. 11, 2013 - March 15, 2013
The Duke of Portland
Lach Dennis, CW9 7SY
Tel: 0160 646 264
- This offer, which usually costs up to £78.90 for two, includes all of the following (menu items are subject to change):
- - A glass of prosecco each
- - Any starter each, such as seared chilli beef Carpaccio served with garlic mash, roquette, frisee, mache and parmesan, or herb-crusted king scallops served with cauliflower puree, chorizo and chilli oil
- - A main course each*, with current menu options including the Duke's surf and turf, which includes a 6oz rump steak, tiger prawns and Menai mussels and fries, plus a portion of Café de Paris butter and your choice of sauce (worth an extra £3), or 3-way wild boar, served with black pudding sausage, girolle mushrooms, duck fat fondant potatoes and carrot and cardamom puree
- - A dessert each -- choose from options such as Bramley apple crumble with fresh vanilla custard, or white chocolate pana cotta, served with poached fruits and raspberry gel
- The Good Pub Guide 2013 described The Duke of Portland as being a "stylish dining pub with carefully prepared, imaginative food", while the judges at the Great British Pub Awards named it Best Gastropub in the northwest in 2009.
- This offer is valid Monday-Saturday for lunch or dinner, until 15 March
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to any starter, main course and dessert (excluding cheese board), plus a glass of bubbly. *A supplement of £5 applies to steaks from the grill. Excludes the sharing platters. Vouchers may be used Monday-Saturday for lunch or dinner. Valid until 15 March. Excludes 14 February. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms