By Travelzoo Staff
The Park House restaurant is set in one of Cardiff's most renowned Grade I-listed buildings. For less than £33 per head, the restaurant is offering a 7-course tasting-menu and glass of sparkling wine for two.
Why we love it
- A 7-course gourmet taster menu for two in one of Cardiff's most renowned Grade I-listed buildings
- A glass of sparkling wine each
- Award-winning Roger Jones is consultant chef at the Park House restaurant
- Pay £65 for two to dine instead of the usual £130
- 360-strong wine list
Dec. 14, 2012 - March 31, 2013
20 Park Place
Cardiff, CF10 3DQ
Tel: 0292 022 4343
- The offer would usually cost up to £130 and includes seven courses such as the following:
- - Leek and potato velouté
- - Pea and butter bean with beetroot and wasabi jelly, crispy konbu and dashi
- - Diver-caught scallop with Charles MacLeod Stornoway black pudding and foie gras
- - Caramelised Kelmscott belly pork bon bons with truffle cauliflower purée and Earl Grey-soaked prunes
- - Highland shorthorn beef with coriander yogurt and a poppadom
- - Boiled egg (with a twist)
- - Christmas pudding with cognac sauce, pomegranate pearls and amaretto crumb
- Executive chef Roger Jones has previously headed up a Michelin-starred establishment, and head chef Jonathan Edwards has also worked at acclaimed Welsh restaurants including Le Gallois and the Michelin-starred Harrow at Little Bedwyn.
- Park House restaurant was described as "a classy affair" by BritainsFinest.co.uk and also offers an extensive wine list, which was described as "majestic" by the TheMobileFoodGuide.com.
- Nestled within a Grade I-listed mansion, the restaurant interior is a fine example of Gothic glamour. The building was designed by Victorian architect William Burges in the 19th century. A pianist and singer is on hand to entertain dining guests on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- The offer is valid for dinner from Wednesday-Saturday until 31 March.
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a 7-course gourmet tasting-menu dinner, plus a glass of sparkling wine each. Vouchers may be redeemed for dinner Wednesday-Saturday. Available until 31 March, subject to availability. Excludes 2 February, 14 February and 16 March. Menu subject to seasonal change. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms