By Travelzoo Staff
The award-winning Park House restaurant is set in one of Cardiff's most renowned Grade I-listed buildings. For less than £33 per head, the restaurant is offering a 7-course tasting menu and glass of sparkling wine for two. Awarded two prestigious AA Rosettes, Park House restaurant was described as "a classy affair" by britainsfinest.co.uk
Why we love it
- A 7-course gourmet taster menu for two in one of Cardiff's most renowned Grade I-listed buildings
- A glass of sparkling wine each
- Award-winning Roger Jones is consultant chef at the Park House restaurant
- Pay £65 for two to dine instead of the usual £130
- Park House holds two coveted AA Rosettes
- Extensive wine list of over 360 wines
Dec. 14, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Park House Cardiff
20 Park Place
Cardiff, CF10 3DQ
Tel: 0292 022 4343
- The offer would usually cost £130 for two and includes seven courses such as the following:
- - Leek and potato velouté
- - Pea & butter bean with beetroot & wasabi jelly, crispy konbu and dashi
- - Diver caught scallop with Charles MacLoed Stornaway black pudding and foie gras
- - Caramelised Kelmscott belly pork bon bons with truffle cauliflower purée and Earl Grey soaked prunes
- - Highland shorthorn beef with coriander yogurt and a poppadom
- - Boiled egg (with a twist)
- - Bread and butter pudding with spiced mince meat and pantone ice cream
- Park House restaurant also offers an extensive wine list, which was described as "majestic" by the mobilefoodguide.com. Consultant chef Roger Jones owns a Michelin-starred restaurant and is also Vice Chairman & Fellow of The Master Chefs of Great Britain.
- Nestled within a Grade I-listed mansion, the restaurant interior is a fine example of Gothic glamour. The building was designed by Victorian art architect William Burges in the 19th century. A pianist and singer is on hand to entertain dining guests on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- The offer is available for dinner from Wednesday-Saturday and is valid from 3 January-31 March, 2013.
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a 7-course gourmet tasting-menu dinner, plus a glass of sparkling wine each. Vouchers may be redeemed for dinner Wednesday-Saturday. Available from 3 January-31 March, 2013, subject to availability. Excludes 2 February, 14 February and 16 March. Menu subject to seasonal change. Reservations are required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms