By Travelzoo Staff
One of the bestselling violinists of all time, Brit Award-winning virtuoso Nigel Kennedy comes to St David's Hall in Cardiff on Thursday, 2 May, with an acclaimed programme of music by Bach and Fats Waller. Travelzoo subscribers can book tickets for £19.80 instead of the usual £36 -- that's 45% off.
Why we love it
- Bestselling violinist Nigel Kennedy performs at St David's Hall in Cardiff on 2 May
- Save 45% on tickets for the show -- usually £36, they are now £19.80 each
- Kennedy is touring the UK for a limited time with an acclaimed programme of solo Bach classics and lively Fats Waller jazz
- The eclectic combination was recently given a 4-star review by The Independent
April 12, 2013 - May 1, 2013
St David's Hall
Wales, CF10 1AH
- Currently touring the UK, the mixed repertoire -- given four stars in a recent review by The Independent -- begins with a solo violin performance of selected Bach classics. A drummer, double bass player and acoustic guitarist then join Kennedy on stage to perform a selection of lively jazz pieces made famous by Fats Waller.
- Tiered seating tickets usually cost £36 when booked via St David's Hall, or £37.95 when booked through Ticketmaster. With this offer, snag one for £19.80 -- that's £18 plus a £1.80-per-ticket fee. An obligatory postage charge of £2.55 per transaction applies. If you book less than five days prior to the event, the tickets will be available to collect from the box office and the one-off charge is £2.25 per transaction. There is a limited number of tickets available, so this offer may sell out before the stated expiry date.
- With over 42 albums to his name (including the seminal 1989 performance of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons") and a repertoire that spans classical, jazz, rock and folk, the multimillion-selling artist has been credited with changing the face of the classical music scene.
- "A really special event... phenomenal musicianship" -- LondonJazzNews.com
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for tiered seating tickets. Must be used in one visit. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost plus additional per-ticket fees at the time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. A one-off fee of £2.25-£2.55 applies. A limited number of tickets are available and the offer may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date.