By Travelzoo Staff
Masterclasses from the UK's most renowned chefs, pop-up restaurants, boutique food stalls and live demonstrations are all on the bill at the Foodies Festival, taking place over May bank holiday weekend in Brighton. Tickets are now £15 for two people -- that's 50% off the usual price.
Why we love it
- Grab two half-price tickets for the Foodies Festival this summer for £15
- Includes a show guide each, usually £3
- Held on the Hove Lawns on the bank holiday weekend of 4-6 May
- Dine at pop-up restaurants, shop and sample gourmet treats from around the globe at the boutique market
- Top chefs share tips and create some of their favourite dishes
- Take part in food and drink masterclasses and learn culinary techniques
- Under-12s go free when accompanied by a paying adult
April 9, 2013 - May 6, 2013
Brighton, BN2 1TW
- Held in the beautiful surroundings of Hove Lawns on the bank holiday weekend on 4-6 May, this event will host many foodie events, including:
- - Chefs' Theatre: Watch celebrity chefs cook their signature dishes on stage and share tips. Appearing at Hove Lawns is Gennaro Contaldo, star of BBC's "Two Greedy Italians", Patrick Timpson of Brighton's very own Riddle and Finns champagne and oyster bar, and Michelin-starred chef Matt Gillan of The Pass at South Lodge.
- - Drinks Masterclass: Try your hand at concocting summer cocktails with Hendrick's Gin, or take a tutored local beer, or wine-tasting session
- - Cooking with Kids: Masterclasses for aspiring young chefs
- - Cake & Bake Theatre: Take a 45-minute baking class with this new addition to the festival, suitable for both cooking enthusiasts and kitchen novices alike
- - Pop-up restaurants*: Fishy Fishy and Jamie's Italian Brighton are set to appear, among others
- - Street Food Avenue: Taste all sorts of exotic treats with a culinary tour across the globe
- - Speciality and local exhibitors: Sample and buy ingredients from over 100 food and drink producers
- - Bar Tents: Enjoy a refreshing tipple made by expert mixologists (usual prices will be charged for drinks at the bar)
- How to book: Click on "Buy Now" at the top of this page to purchase your voucher(s) -- one for every two people attending -- then print and hand them in at the entrance to the festival on arrival.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two standard all-day adult passes to the Foodies Festival at Hove Lawns in Brighton on the 4, 5 or 6 May, plus a show guide each. Must be used in one visit. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person, or as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Subject to availability. The regular value stated is based on the maximum combined cost of the items in this package at time of publication. *Any drinks, dishes or products purchased at the restaurants, bars and stalls will be charged at their regular price.