By Travelzoo Staff
Housed in a beautiful former vicarage in Shinfield, L'ortolan is Reading's only Michelin-starred restaurant. It was voted one of the top 50 restaurants in Britain in The Sunday Times Food List 2012.
Why we love it
- A 6-course tasting menu for two people for £44.50 each -- you save £49
- L'ortolan has held a Michelin star for over a decade
- Voted one of the top 50 restaurants in Britain by The Sunday Times
- Housed in a former vicarage in the village of Shinfield, near Reading
- "Dishes deliver plenty of impact" (The Good Food Guide 2013), and the "cooking is confident and passionate" (Michelin Guide 2013)
- Awarded three AA Rosettes for outstanding culinary excellence
Feb. 8, 2013 - April 30, 2013
Reading, RG2 9BY
Tel: 01189 888 500
- Two people can now sample cooking described as "breathlessly contemporary in its styling" by The AA Restaurant Guide 2013, and "reliably enticing" in The Good Food Guide 2013. This gourmet treat at the 3-AA-Rosette restaurant is now £89 instead of £138.
- The tasting menu (usually £69 per head) changes seasonally, but currently includes:
- - Mushroom tea, tapioca crisps
- - Baked Barkham blue cheesecake and butternut squash velouté with smoked duck
- - Pavé of salmon, smoked salmon mousse, blood orange and fennel
- - Haunch of venison and charred cauliflower with port and chocolate sauce
- - Mango and coconut egg with coriander
- - Textures of Yorkshire rhubarb, ginger parkin and yoghurt sorbet
- Executive chef Alan Murchison, who trained with culinary genius Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, makes "important culinary waves at all restaurants he oversees" (The Good Food Guide 2013), and has held a Michelin star at L'ortolan for over decade. His head chef Nick Chappell's former postings include almost 10 years at the award-winning Mallory Court.
- Winning praise for in the Michelin Guide for its "originality" and "playful, artistic touches", L'ortolan also boasts three AA Rosettes and is a AA Notable Wine List winner.
- This offer is valid for lunch Tuesday-Friday and dinner Tuesday-Thursday, until 30 April. Lunch is served from 12pm-2pm and dinner from 7pm-9pm.
The small print
Valid lunch Tuesday-Friday or dinner Tuesday-Thursday, until 30 April. Excludes 14-15 February. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. A limit of three vouchers may be used per table. Menu items are subject to change. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. No cash value or cash back. A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your final bill. Note: This is a limited offer and may expire before the stated expiry date See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms