By Travelzoo Staff
Fabulous magazine described its visit to the 4-star Mercure Windsor Castle as "a taste of how the other half live''. For £135 instead of the usual £234, Travelzoo subscribers can experience it for themselves, with a package that includes overnight accommodation and a gourmet dinner for two. In full you get:
Why we love it
- Save up to 42% on an overnight stay at a Windsor retreat, minutes from the Queen's weekend residence
- Stays at the Mercure Windsor Castle Hotel are now £135 per room, instead of the usual £234
- Includes accommodation, breakfast, 3-course dinner in a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant and an upgrade
- This 4-star property started life in the 16th century and is one of the oldest hotels in the area
- The AA praises the "imaginative, French-influenced modern menu"
- Windsor is around an hour by train from central London
- Valid until 31 May
Mercure Windsor Castle
Mercure Windsor Castle
18 High Street
Windsor, SL4 1LJ
Tel: 01753 851 577
What's included & when
- April 1, 2013 - May 31, 2013
- - Overnight accommodation with breakfast
- - 3-course dinner from a seasonal set-menu in the 2-AA-Rosette 18 Restaurant (worth £60)
- - An upgrade to a Privilege Double or Twin Room (worth £25)
- The deal is valid for Sunday-Friday stays until 31 May. Saturday nights cost an extra £40 per room (buy the voucher as usual and pay the supplement direct to the hotel). Two- and 3-night stays are £95 per night extra on a bed-and-breakfast basis (purchase additional nights as vouchers on Travelzoo).
- This 16th-century coaching inn is one of the oldest hotels in Windsor. It is just a few minutes' walk from Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world and the Queen's weekend home.
- Wentworth Golf Club, Ascot Racecourse, LEGOLAND Windsor and Thorpe Park are all within easy reach. Windsor is a 20-minute drive from London Heathrow airport and around an hour by train from central London
The small print
This deal is based on two sharing and includes overnight accommodation with breakfast, 3-course dinner from the seasonal set-menu and an upgrade to a Privilege Double or Twin (subject to availability). Valid for stays until 31 May. Additional nights on a B&B basis are an extra £95 per room, per night. Saturday nights are an extra £40 (payable direct to the hotel once you have bought your voucher). Prices, dates and savings were correct at the time of publication and are based on the maximum value for each item included.
See all terms