Ryanair gets family friendly
You might not expect much from a budget airline, but Ryanair is trying to upgrade its image with a new product aimed at families. The Ryanair Family Extra offers discounts on travel and an improved service on Ryanair flights.
Here's what families can now get:
- 50% allocated seating discounts on children's seats*
- 50% off checked-in bags for children*
- Discounted priority boarding*
- 50% off travel insurance for children
- Reduced infant fees (now £20)
- A free 5kg infant bag allowance
- Bottle-warming and baby-changing facilities on board
- Two free pieces of infant equipment (buggy, booster seat, car seat or travel cot, carried in the hold)
- Approved car seat allowed on board free when a seat is booked
- A Fly & Save bonus – you'll get 20% off your third family flight when your family flies twice. More information on this bonus can be found at http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-familyextradiscountoffer/
(*When booked by an adult aged 16 and over. Ryanair defines child ages as 23 months to under 16 years old.)
Interested in making family holidays more affordable? Sign the petition to suspend or reduce the rate of Air Passenger Duty for the annual school summer-holiday period of July and August.