Five Reasons to Download the Travelzoo App
Just in case you weren’t aware, the Travelzoo iPhone app is available now on iTunes. Here are a few reasons you should download it:
- It’s free. That’s right – you give us nothing, and in return we provide you with on-the-move access to all the hottest travel, entertainment and Local Deals. Of course, you’ll also be able to see the Top 20 – the definitive list of the week’s best offers hand-picked by our Deal Experts.
- It’s got some ultra-cool mobile wizardry on it. For example, the Local Deals Near Me function makes use of your phone’s GPS system to automatically detect your location and display restaurant, spa and other relevant Local Deal content. Then there’s the Inspire Me section, which contains a scrolling Deal Roller, the Photo Mosaic tool, which allows you to choose deals based on a selection of photos (the deal information then appears when you tap on a particular picture) and Deals on a Map, which lets you scan a map before zooming in on the one that catches your eye.
- It’s good news for trees. Not only can you purchase deals directly on your iPhone, you’ll also be able to redeem vouchers on it rather than printing them off.
- Other people like it too, so you don’t have to take our word for how great it is. The Guardian liked it so much they made it their consumer app of the week. “Crisp”, “intuitive”, even “beautiful” were some of the words they used to describe it. And who are we to argue?
- You could win a free holiday just by downloading it. If you’re in London on Friday, 14 October, come and see us outside the Apple store in Covent Garden, download the app and sign up, and you’ll go straight in the draw to win a European city break for two, courtesy of Qwerty Travel.
Click here for more info and download instructions.
Sara Kriegel is the editor of the UK website. London-based deal expert Rory Batho contributed to this post.