Big savings on winter holidays
It used to be that booking your ski holiday at the last minute paid off, but this year, after two seasons of exceptional snow, operators are keen to encourage the growing number of Britons taking winter holidays with early discounts. It’s good news if you’re looking for a bargain -- we’ve found savings of up to 50% on ski and snow holidays right into April next year.
And once you've booked your winter break, here's how to make your money go further:
- Look out for deals that include lift passes or ski hire, which can be very expensive when bought separately
- Alternatively, do your homework before you leave and check out the resort’s website for any offers
- Buy everything before you go, as equipment at the resort is so much more expensive
- Take lunch with you, unless you’re prepared to spend 15€ on a bowl of soup in a mountain restaurant. A hip flask helps too!
- Choose your resort wisely. Austria and Andorra offer good value, says The Independent
- Early January and late March are quiet periods, which means plenty of bargains and near-deserted slopes