Big savings on winter holidays
Once you've booked your ski break, here's how to make your money go further:
- Look out for deals that include lift passes or ski hire, which can be very expensive when bought separately
- Alternatively, do your homework before you leave and check out the resort’s website for any offers
- Buy everything before you go, as equipment at the resort is so much more expensive
- Take lunch with you, unless you’re prepared to spend 15€ on a bowl of soup in a mountain restaurant. A hip flask helps too!
- Choose your resort wisely. Austria and Andorra offer good value, says The Independent
- Early January and late March are quiet periods, which means plenty of bargains and near-deserted slopes