By Travelzoo Staff
Experience the thrill of flying in an open-cockpit biplane for $87 per person, regularly $175. Take a 20- to 25-minute tour over Acadia National Park in a fully rebuilt 1930s warplane. Each tour is for two passengers and the pilot -- buy two vouchers and share the experience with a friend, or be matched up with another passenger.
Why we love it
- Fly in a FAA-certified 1930s biplane with open-air cockpit
- Soar over Acadia National Park and Somes Sound
- Buy 2 vouchers and share the experience with a friend
- Bring a camera to capture views from the vintage aircraft
July 1, 2013 - Oct. 15, 2013
Acadia Air Tours
Hancock Co. - Bar Harbor Airport
968 Bar Harbor Rd.
Trenton, ME 04605
- The trip begins over the north end of Frenchman Bay and continues eastward along the shoreline of Mount Desert Island. Soar over Eagle Lake, Bar Island, Champlain Mountain and the community of Bar Harbor. The flight finishes through Somes Sound for a panoramic view of the entire island.
- The two-seat, open cockpit Waco biplanes are FAA-certified rebuilds of the 1930s originals.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Tuesday, July 2, through Oct. 15, 2013. Reservations are required. Planes fit up to 2 riders; each rider must have their own voucher. Single voucher holders will be paired up with another passenger. Total combined weight of passenger(s) cannot exceed 430 lbs. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms